Receiver Swap Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
I got my parents Directv about 12 years ago. There is no cable where they live. They only have LOS to 101. They have an original dish, which I installed.

They are using the original RCA receivers I got them. Directv is making them change receivers and have shipped new boxes. I'm a Dish guy, so my question for all of you is this...

Will the new receiver work as the old one did and just look at the 101 location or is it going to pitch a fit because they do not have a modern dish/switch arrangement? They are quite old and I want to make sure they have no troubles. I am going to go hook up the new receivers when they come in. I am just worried that there will be a problem with the legacy dish.

D* is sending them recvrs at D*'s request and not sending a tech to install ?

IF they decide to go HD, usually if you can see the 101 you can see the 99 and 103 as well.

Thanks all... Yes, it is receivers only with no tech.

And on the LOS, I am aiming through a hole in two large trees. They can't see anything but 101 and that took me a long time to find. They have a lot of land, tons of pine trees, etc... They are happy with the SD and just want things to stay the same.

I appreciate the advice. I will make sure to take care of that setting.

I will take a picture of the tiny hole I shoot through to get that signal. As an example, Direct wanted to upgrade them for locals. They sent two techs... No one could get LOS anywhere. They finally got an override to keep the grandfathered package with no locals and a note on their account never to try to upgrade their dish. The installer told me that if they had the install done by them in current times that they would have been denied service due to no LOS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts