Receiver won't respond to any command. Ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
My Genie receiver is stuck on a particular channel and won't respond to any commands. I have two other televisions with remotes, and they are functioning fine.

I first thought it was a battery issue, but after trying to other batteries I had in the house and then going to the store for brand new batteries, it's clear the batteries aren't the issue.

I tried resetting the receiver, and that did not good -- it goes back to the same station again. I even unplugged everything for 30 minutes and restarted the works - to no avail. I am stuck on the same channel, and it won't respond to any command.

Any ideas?

dumb question, but did you possibly move the remote switch? I would try one of the other remotes if that is not it.

Since you did a hard reboot by unplugging it, my guess is that the box is toast.

My Genie receiver is stuck on a particular channel and won't respond to any commands. I have two other televisions with remotes, and they are functioning fine.

I first thought it was a battery issue, but after trying to other batteries I had in the house and then going to the store for brand new batteries, it's clear the batteries aren't the issue.

I tried resetting the receiver, and that did not good -- it goes back to the same station again. I even unplugged everything for 30 minutes and restarted the works - to no avail. I am stuck on the same channel, and it won't respond to any command.

Any ideas?
Does it function from the DVR front panel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)