Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PilotS77

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Is there an advantage other then the ease of getting channels between different receivers?

My Microyal MRX-900 is rather hard to program and everything has to be manual, but the quality of the picture is superb and has no problem driving the motor.

Any ideas suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also my software version is AR-FMo7.1 06-04-2003 but nowhere in the Microyal site can I find a download section - again if anyone has and information please let me know.

I am considering a new receiver but not sure if it really worth the expense.
Thanks.

Adding the Blind Search or Power Scan option will change the way that you view satellites! There are many news backhaul services that are up on the birds for 15 minutes and sporting events that are up for a few hours. Even if these frequencies are ever posted, the event is long past before you find out about them and program the parameters into your receiver then scan for the service.

Around news time for the different time zones, I power scan the satellites to view the reporters waiting to go live with their stations. Some very funny things happen on these feeds as they talk or prep to go live or during sporting events when the affiliates go to commercial breaks, but the feed remains hot!

Fortec has added the ability to search between frequency parameters, which speeds up searches. Especially if searching a CONUS satellite with an universal LNBF!! Once you try a receiver with Blind Search you will wonder how you ever got along without it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)