Receiving 72.7 using fta dish

Raysat67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Easton, PA
I am currently on the EA and would like to pickup 72.7 to get FSC in HD. My question is in regards to using my fta ku dish for receiving 72.7 and splitting the signal to go to my fta receiver and then to the ampilfier/splitter for DN. I would like to know if this is possible and has it been done? I would like to have the option when I want to watch a game on FSC in HD I could swing my fta dish over to 72.7 to pick it up. This would allow me to keep my current setup since my locals are on 61.5.

Any thoughts on this?

Ray

Yes & No

You could use the dish but not the FTA LNBF. It will be necessary to adapt a Dish pro or pro plus LNBF to the FTA dish. I know this to be true as I use larger dishes myself.

you could get an Invacom QPH031 LNB...that has both a KU LNB and a DBS LNB together. 2 outputs are KU and 2 are circular (DBS)

So if i buy the Invacom QPH031 this configuration should in fact work? I'm sold if that's the case. Thanks for all the input.

Ray

oh crap it wont work....You're on a dishpro setup (Eastern Arc) and the QPH is legacy so it wont work

wait a minute......in your 1st post you say
I am currently on the EA and would like to pickup 72.7 to get FSC in HD

EA is 61.5/72.7/77...what dish setup do you have currently?

Split

oh crap it wont work....You're on a dishpro setup (Eastern Arc) and the QPH is legacy so it wont work

wait a minute......in your 1st post you say
I am currently on the EA and would like to pickup 72.7 to get FSC in HD

EA is 61.5/72.7/77...what dish setup do you have currently?

Maybe he's go the split set up.

My apologies, sometimes I think I know what I'm saying when in reality I don't!!! I am currently on 61.5, 110 and 119 for my Dish Network setup. I would like to be able to receive 72.7 with my fta for the FSC in HD.
Sorry for any confusion.

Ray

What type of LNB setup is it?

If its Legacy then you could do as I posted...if its DIshPro then you need to go another way with it. How many receivers?

I have one VIP722 (with 2 tuners of course). After taking a closer look, I have one dish which is for 110, 118 and 119 and a second dish for 61.5. I believe the lnb's are DishPro. Ideally, it would be nice to replace the dish 500 on 61.5 with my Fortec 90cm dish and be able to leave it parked at 61.5 for normal TV use and then turn it to 72.7 for a game on FSC in HD or if I want to use it for FTA. This would eliminate the need for three dishes as well as give me FSC in HD.

Ray

If you have a D500 with the DP twin lnb, be sure the right lnb (looking from behind the dish) is aimed at 61.5 and use the left one for 72.7 (have to adjust the skew, azimuth and elevation a bit).

You can only input one of them into your DPP44 switch at a time but when you want to switch, you need to switch the cables and run a check switch.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my switch is on the roof and not easy to get to. I'm assuming my fta universal LNB won't work with DishPro. If that's the case then could I get a dual LNB holder for my Fortec dish and add the Dishpro LNB for 72.7 and do as I said above?

FTA

Thanks for the suggestion, but my switch is on the roof and not easy to get to. I'm assuming my fta universal LNB won't work with DishPro. If that's the case then could I get a dual LNB holder for my Fortec dish and add the Dishpro LNB for 72.7 and do as I said above?

Again I suggest you go to the FTA forum as they can give you more help on these questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts