Recent DISH installation possibly causing internet outages??

Ok i have been lurking here forever and finally a topic i cant put some input into :)
The first thing i would do is get rid of the crappy linksys firmware. I personally use 3rd party firmware that makes the router run SWEET!!! There are a bunch of 3rd party firmware out there and the easiest I have found is Tomato.. Luckily it runs only on early versions of lnksys routers.. Im not sure if we can post links here so Im going to PM you the link for tomato.. Its a simple upgrade .. you log into the linksys touter and go to the firmware update screen viayour wired PC select the new firmware image and click upgrade.. the only thing u have to do then is go back and do a nvram commit to clear everything from the old linksys settings out of memory..

Do any of the pc's run bittorrent or file sharing software?? Sounds like a common problem with the default linksys firmware just not being able to handle all the connections ( tomato lets you have more connections and times them out faster)
With your signal issues Tomato also lets you increase the antenna power so signal issues wont be a problem..

The problem is definattly the router... Try upgrading to tomato firmware and see if it helps..

Thanks everyone for all your input; it's very much appreciated.

After careful consideration (lack of time being the biggest factor), I've decided to not tinker any further. My system is working, with no outages. I've been able to maintain the WPA + TKIP. I've even gone so far as to only allow the specific device MAC addresses, and I'm still good to go.

I wish I had more time to try some more things out, but if I ever have problems, I'll know exactly where to come (without being quite so long-winded).

Thanks again,
Chris

(Jester - thanks for the links; I'll definitely try them out at the first chance I get)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)