Reception problem IS-21, DW-TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vixens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Belize, Central America
I have been watching DW-TV German via C Band, Intelsat 21, for over 3 years here in Belize with good reception on a 1.8 dish.

The last few days the signal dropped, consistently up to a point where I could not watch any more.
I have tried all options: re-alignment/fine tuning, different Lnb, skew, . . . . the signal has become cuckoo.

Any idea ?

I always thought that DW was on IS9/16 but now Lyngsat shows me IS-21 is at 58W.
Was there a change of satellites ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El-MFYndlyE (you will have to copy and paste as the direct link seems not to work; at least for me)

thanks.
ww

Last edited:
NHK: weak signal but watchable
France 24: gone
Arirang: ok
CCTV: ok

It seems that the signal is jumping (on all TPs). In the evening the signal is watchable for a few hours, the rest of the day it's mostly gone.

Last edited:
How is satellite reception in Belize in general? Is there enough to keep you busy playing? That's one of the countries on my retirement "short list". Costa Rica is also on that list.

NHK: weak signal but watchable
France 24: gone
Arirang: ok
CCTV: ok

It seems that the signal is jumping (on all TPs). In the evening the signal is watchable for a few hours, the rest of the day it's mostly gone.

I understand NHK is in the strongest tp,

I have been watching DW-TV German via C Band, Intelsat 21, for over 3 years - The last few days the signal dropped - It seems that the signal is jumping (on all TPs) - NHK: weak signal but watchable
Think NHK will 'hang in there' because of the low FEC - IMHO.
Think you may have something degraded somewhere in the system. I'd bring the receiver/television out to the dish and see how it works(Q readings) with a short(new) coax to the LNB(F) The "break it down into it's simplest configuration" test. Then build it back up one piece at a time to determine what's not right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpRrASU9-Q ??

Last edited:
Since last night the satellite seems to be back to normal.

Really strange: I had indeed the tv and receiver out on the field so I could eliminate any other possible problems.
When I left at 4 pm I had the signal tuned up to max but it was still not good enough to produce a picture.
The picture came back yesterday around 8pm and is continues good and viewable.
Strange.

Anyhow, thanks for your assistance.

Today I had a few hours to fine tune DW-TV on IS-21.
I had a viewable reception inside the house, after a ca. 120 foot long cable run but many drop outs and low signal warnings.

Strangely close to the sat dish I had a much worse reception. I brought the receiver back into the house and the picture was ok, viewable.
That for itself is very strange. How can a 120' run show a clear improvement vs. an 8' cable run ?

I have also tried an inline amp (Sadoun S-SA01 900-1250 Mhz), before the Diseqc 4x1 and also right after. That did not work either.

Now I seem to be stuck with viewable picture but lots of drop-outs and pixelation.
Any advise ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts