Reception......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 13, 2005
Ok, I have just got done setting up my father with an identical setup to mine. Pansat 2700A - XTreme LNBF - 1M Primestar dish.......Im alittle jelous of my dad because he gets MUCH better signal quality accross the arc. I have tried tweaking mine and can't get anything close to his.....we both have a clear line to the belt.....im confused.....

Question 1
It appears that our 1M Primestar dish are not EXACTLY the same. Mine says ChannelMaster on it....his doesn't....but they appear to be identical....so, did Primestar use different manufacters of their dishes? Could that be the difference?

Questions 2
Do dishes over time degregate? sounds like a stupid question....but oh well.

Questions 3
Are there atmospheric conditions that can cause interference? I did notice I have a tower about 2 blocks from my house that have a bunch of microwave dishes on it.....could that cause?

Im pulling my hair out....I have checked/swaped cables, ect and no luck. Also, it appears that even though we both have a PanSat 2700A receiver....they are not EXACTLY the same. His LED numbers are smaller than mine....could it be a difference in the receiver??

Thanks
MD

Are there atmospheric conditions that can cause interference?

How clear is the atmospheres in both places.. I mean maybe from dust and cars and stuff .... I have been wondering the same thing as I live in a larger town now.

saidias said:
Ok, I have just got done setting up my father with an identical setup to mine. Pansat 2700A - XTreme LNBF - 1M Primestar dish.......Im alittle jelous of my dad because he gets MUCH better signal quality accross the arc. I have tried tweaking mine and can't get anything close to his.....we both have a clear line to the belt.....im confused.....

Question 1
It appears that our 1M Primestar dish are not EXACTLY the same. Mine says ChannelMaster on it....his doesn't....but they appear to be identical....so, did Primestar use different manufacters of their dishes? Could that be the difference?

Questions 2

Questions 3
Are there atmospheric conditions that can cause interference? I did notice I have a tower about 2 blocks from my house that have a bunch of microwave dishes on it.....could that cause?

Im pulling my hair out....I have checked/swaped cables, ect and no luck. Also, it appears that even though we both have a PanSat 2700A receiver....they are not EXACTLY the same. His LED numbers are smaller than mine....could it be a difference in the receiver??

Thanks
MD

is your focal depth 27in exactly....if not you are loosing signal

one thing i noticed with channel master the lnb doesnt extend far enough

to the optimum distance, the holder doesnt help either

i notice you have the invacom which doesnt do it

the other option is getting a long neck ku lnb which fits perfect

oh.. with out the plastic of course

or you can use the very expensive ku lnb fron channel master or make your

own... john

spindoctor said:
is your focal depth 27in exactly....if not you are loosing signal

one thing i noticed with channel master the lnb doesnt extend far enough

to the optimum distance, the holder doesnt help either

i notice you have the invacom which doesnt do it

the other option is getting a long neck ku lnb which fits perfect

oh.. with out the plastic of course

or you can use the very expensive ku lnb fron channel master or make your

own... john

I have the channel master too, "focal depth 27in"? Could someone put that in moron terms for me?

okay lets say I set mine back a little bit, do I need to adjust the angel of the lnb or shine it up or down further on the dish?

havenx said:
okay lets say I set mine back a little bit, do I need to adjust the angel of the lnb or shine it up or down further on the dish?

Usually just above center with offset dishes.

saidias said:

Question 1
Maybe, but is your mount perfectly level? Have you tried putting new fittings on your cable from/to the dish?

Questions 2
A fiberglass dish may degrade overtime.

Questions 3
Microwaves shouldn't interfere with a Ku band system.
Do you have any trees even marginally within your sight?
Some people report problems with Radar Detectors when they are on. Do you or a neighbor have one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)