Recieved my 612/problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikesd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Well they brought my 612 Saturday morning and have had a problem from the very start. About a dozen times over the weekend the reciever freezes while changing channels. leaving the info. bar froze accross the top of the screen and losing audio although the video continues to be normal. Each time this happens I have had to do a soft reset :(, although once I did a hard reset/check switch but with no luck on fixing the problem. I finally called tech last night and was told that mine was the second call on this problem this evening. After going thru the usual testing with everything being normal it was decided to send me a replacement reciever. Since I was the second call with this problem and my 622 and 211 continue to operate perfectly my confidence level is not very high that I just recieved a bad reciever. Should be here in a couple of days, I will update if the new reciever fixes the problem.

Mike

I too have had this same issue with one of my 612 units, but I have 2 612's and plan on switching them to see if the one in my front room is bad.

612 problems

I have also had some issues. The issue that I am having is with occasional 1 second audio dropouts (maybe 3-4 per hour).

Also I have had the screen freeze a couple of times (the screen just remains black with the info bar at the top frozen.

I am hoping a software upgrade is in the works.

I have had similar problems, including getting frozen in the guide, audio drops, and a couple of spontaneous resets. I am now on my second unit in two days. However, one problem that I encountered was the unit shutting itself off from the remote, and the front panel buttons. After many resets, I switched the remote to IR only. I can't explain it, but it's been a few hours now with no problems. Still, I hope there is a software fix coming soon. These units are ridiculously buggy.

Why is anyone surprised when they are 1st to buy a new product? I don't care if it a car, computer, cell phone or anything else. I know if it was not for buying the 1st of a product we would not know anything about it. I just don't get people complaining about it.

I am not surprised that there are a few bugs, but engineering clearly did not anticipate this. Some of these boxes are almost unusable. Also, the 612 was not my first choice, as i would have preferred a 722 or 622. However, Dish would only allow me this unit due to the number of leased receivers that I have. Regardless, these boxes appear to have hit the market a little prematurely. I have 4 other DVR's (Leased 622 and 510, owned 508 and 501) that all work very well. I trust that Dish will correct these issues via software releases soon. Everyone, please keep reporting these issues as they come up.

Why is anyone surprised when they are 1st to buy a new product? I don't care if it a car, computer, cell phone or anything else. I know if it was not for buying the 1st of a product we would not know anything about it. I just don't get people complaining about it.

It is not about complaining, it is about reporting what we are seeing. There are other threads that just want to know about the 612 and when we report our findings we are just complaining about what we are seeing.

We need a special thread just about the 612 in hopes that E* staff may just read these files and bring us some resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)