Reciever upgrade question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

terryjc

Original poster
May 17, 2004
I have an optimus (Radio Shack) single LNB system. I just bought a HDTV ready monitor (Toshiba 30hf83) and am thinking of buying a newer reciever with HD capabilities. My question is when I buy this can I activate it without subscribing to the HD package. I will eventually get the HD package but for a few months would just like to use it for OTA and normal D* programing...also..will this work with my old dish for now. I know I need the triple lnb for the HD access..
thanks

terryjc said:
I have an optimus (Radio Shack) single LNB system. I just bought a HDTV ready monitor (Toshiba 30hf83) and am thinking of buying a newer reciever with HD capabilities. My question is when I buy this can I activate it without subscribing to the HD package. I will eventually get the HD package but for a few months would just like to use it for OTA and normal D* programing...also..will this work with my old dish for now. I know I need the triple lnb for the HD access..
thanks

Yes you can activate it without the HD package, and yes you can use without the Triple LNB. You will just need to switch to the triple when you decide to go HD.

why have an HDTV, if you not going to feed it an HD signal? that is like buying a $300,000 sports car and driving it in a 10mph school zone for most if not all of its life.

Under Directv's current promotion you should be able to buy the HDTV receiver and order through them the installation for $49.00 which will include the phase 3 dish. Adding any receiver to your account will require a 1 year commitment, but the HD package is not a requirement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)