Recievers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Is the Pansat 2500 a good 'legal' FTA reciever?

I picked up a couple of different older receivers locally, could I use either of them?

I have a Gen. Inst. Super 2400R and a Toshiba TRX-1420

Do I need a BUD or can I use a smaller 30" for either. I have a manual & remote for the tosh, but nothing on the G.I. and I have no idea if either work. How can I tell without investing big bux.

Thanks!

Mark_AR said:
Is the Pansat 2500 a good 'legal' FTA reciever?
as long as you dont download hackable software, YES, it is a good one. I have the 1500 (the little brother). The only difference is the 2500 has RF remote, the 1500 IR
I picked up a couple of different older receivers locally, could I use either of them?

I have a Gen. Inst. Super 2400R and a Toshiba TRX-1420

Do I need a BUD or can I use a smaller 30" for either. I have a manual & remote for the tosh, but nothing on the G.I. and I have no idea if either work. How can I tell without investing big bux.

Thanks!
Those are older C-Band dishes, but would work for analog KU if you have a 30" or larger dish. There is some analog stuff on AMC9 (85) or SBS6(74) but a digital receiver would be the perfect companion.

Iceberg said:
as long as you dont download hackable software, YES, it is a good one. I have the 1500 (the little brother). The only difference is the 2500 has RF remote, the 1500 IR

I don't need anything 'hackable'.

Those are older C-Band dishes, but would work for analog KU if you have a 30" or larger dish. There is some analog stuff on AMC9 (85) or SBS6(74) but a digital receiver would be the perfect companion.

Whata LNB would I need with the D* oval HANT53B. You may have answered me a while back, but I can't recall. Thanks... BTW.. Happy Bday. :bday @party

You will need at least a 30" dish and a ku band LNB, a ku band LNB will not fit or work on a small D* dish.

PSB said:
You will need at least a 30" dish and a ku band LNB, a ku band LNB will not fit or work on a small D* dish.

The HANT53B is a 20x35 oval with a D* dual lnb and a G3R Lnb on it. I should be able to hook to the G3R lnb and get something? Right??

According to Lyngsat G3R sits at 95.0' W and Telstar 5 sits right next door at 97.0' W. They both have FTA.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Sounds like my DirecPC dish, you will be able to use the ku band side LNB for G3R and T5 (not at the same time) plus all the other FTA ku band channels and you can use the other LNB (DBS) for some music and Gol TV if you are into soccer!

Yep, it is my old DirecPC DirecDuo Dish. I paid $384 when I first got it back in 2000.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)