Recieving Dishnetwork in my Truck

miakayuuki

Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Hey All,

I currently live in Orlando, FL and have dishnetwork AEP + Locals. I also am a commercial truck driver and as such have recently taken to mounting a Dish 500 on my truck, tis a bit of a pain to point it when I am stopped, but not too bad. My issue that I run into is that I do not seem to be able to get my locals while on the road. After a little reading and digging, I assume that the Orlando locals are on a spotbeam? Would that result in the problem of not being able to get them unless I am close to home? If that is the case, is there somewhere I should move to that would have a happier for locals that I could recieve while traveling, or perhaps a better way of dealing with this in general.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mia

a dish 500 on your truck, please post a pic of your truck blurring license plates obviously

orlando is spotbeam like most cities
hmm non spots atlanta and san fran
these channels have tobe purchased through all american direct, tobe eligable you must live in area where no locals are avaiable to ya

check your boxes for ch 240 distant eligabile

:welcome to satguys :welcome

I think commercial truck drivers can get an exemption from all american direct to get the national locals. You just have to send them a copy of the truck registration. The same goes for RV's and campers.

Why Dont you get a Raysat 1000 , i have Installed it on about 10 trucks so far . it will give you all the satellites without pointing , It will even give you signal while you are driving . If you want some more info on it PM me and to get local channels from Atlanta And SFO you will pay
How much do the Distant Networks cost?
Please select a subscription payment option from below. If none are selected, you will
be billed for 6 months of service.
Monthly Subscription - Pay by Credit Card Only
1 Network: $2.99 per month; 2 Networks: $5.98 per month; 3 Networks: $8.97 per month
4 Networks: $10.99 per month
6 Month Subscription - Pay by Credit Card or Invoice
1 Network: $17.94 per month; 2 Networks: $35.88 per month; 3 Networks: $53.82 per month
4 Networks: $65.94 per month
Annual Subscription - Pay by Credit Card or Invoice
1 Network: $34.99; 2 Networks: $69.98; 3 Networks: $104.97; 4 Networks: $129.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)