Recoimmended viewing right now: Free TVJ-Weekend Japanology

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Saw this same episode last week on NHK World via MHZ world. Tokyo eye on NHKW has also done a bunch of shows on Skytree and the surrounding area also remember another special on TVJ-HD a couple of months ago where they showed skytree from various distances from Tokyo.

And exactly why does Dish still not provide NHK-World SD or HD along with TVJ for $25.00 a month?

Last edited:
TVJ is the most expensive International channel on Dish. It would be nice if they included a second channel in that $25/mo fee. NHK World would be nice, although we do get a pretty low rez version via 38.4 OTA. Even better would be a channel that carries the trendy commercial programming my wife likes. (As great and high quality as NHK programming is, much of the commercial stuff from Japan is such crap, it makes US TV look like the BBC. But, she likes it.)

OTOH, Dish does carry TVJ in HD, which is a beautiful thing, and gets huge kudos from my household. We pulled up a TVJ recording made before they added it in HD, and even my wife, who never normally notices anything to do with audio or video quality, couldn't believe how bad it looked, and went ahead and deleted all SD TVJ recordings. (And, it was among the best SD quality on Dish.)

Last edited:
Watched via Slingbox after I saw your post. :)

Saw this same episode last week on NHK World via MHZ world. Tokyo eye on NHKW has also done a bunch of shows on Skytree and the surrounding area also remember another special on TVJ-HD a couple of months ago where they showed skytree from various distances from Tokyo.
The Skytree looks awesome. I've been to the top of Tokyo Tower, which was pretty cool. But, this is way taller. Hopefully, I'll be hitting it up in December.

Reviving thread rather than start another one....
Anyone who gets the 118 satellite you have to watch the NHK Amateur Singing contest every Sunday at 1PM EDT on TV Japan. Even if , and maybe especially if you don't understand Japanese. Sometimes the Stars who help host are something like a Saturday Night Live skit. No clue much of the time what they all are saying/singing but it's good entertainment.
Note that this is one of many free programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts