Recomendations for OTA DVR??

B Mann

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
I am looking for a OTA tuner with a DVR. Newbie with not much knowledge of them. A stand alone unit (built in hard drive is preferred). Do OTA DVRs have a channel guide?? Not recording like the old VCRs with the start at 8pm and record for 2 hours on channel 7.

2 tuners (or more) Plus to run it to 2 TVs. or do you normally use 2 boxes?? It would be nice to see the recorded shows on either TV.

I do not need a Cadillac. A Chevy is fine. But not something I will be frustrated with.

Anything else to look for??

Thanks

Tivo

AirTV

HD Homerun DVR

FireTV Recast

Tablo

Cheap DTV tuner from Walmart with a USB HDD

I use separate boxes for separate TV's, but I can also view my HD Homerun channels over my network from other TV's

Reactions: primestar31
Tivo

AirTV

HD Homerun DVR

FireTV Recast

Tablo

Cheap DTV tuner from Walmart with a USB HDD

I use separate boxes for separate TV's, but I can also view my HD Homerun channels over my network from other TV's
I am digging through them. I really do not need the wifi, modem, internet hook ups. Just for OTA TV. Do any of them offer a video guide without a subscription?? So far it looks like they need a subscrition. Walmart has a mess of them to dig through.

Tablo looked pretty good, but they want to get you hooked on a subscription and their units do not look like they hook to a TV with out a WIFI hook up.

Thanks for the help

I am digging through them. I really do not need the wifi, modem, internet hook ups. Just for OTA TV. Do any of them offer a video guide without a subscription?? So far it looks like they need a subscrition. Walmart has a mess of them to dig through.

Tablo looked pretty good, but they want to get you hooked on a subscription and their units do not look like they hook to a TV with out a WIFI hook up.

Thanks for the help

The only ones that don't require a subscription that I am aware of are the lower end boxes that retrieve guide data OTA.

The only ones that don't require a subscription that I am aware of are the lower end boxes that retrieve guide data OTA.

Amazon’s FireTV Recast doesn’t require a subscription, but it only works with the various other FireTV devices.

AirTV doesn’t either I think, but uses an external hard drive you have to supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)