Recomendations for OTA DVR??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

B Mann

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
I am looking for a OTA tuner with a DVR. Newbie with not much knowledge of them. A stand alone unit (built in hard drive is preferred). Do OTA DVRs have a channel guide?? Not recording like the old VCRs with the start at 8pm and record for 2 hours on channel 7.

2 tuners (or more) Plus to run it to 2 TVs. or do you normally use 2 boxes?? It would be nice to see the recorded shows on either TV.

I do not need a Cadillac. A Chevy is fine. But not something I will be frustrated with.

Anything else to look for??

Thanks

Tivo

AirTV

HD Homerun DVR

FireTV Recast

Tablo

Cheap DTV tuner from Walmart with a USB HDD

I use separate boxes for separate TV's, but I can also view my HD Homerun channels over my network from other TV's

Reactions: primestar31
Tivo

AirTV

HD Homerun DVR

FireTV Recast

Tablo

Cheap DTV tuner from Walmart with a USB HDD

I use separate boxes for separate TV's, but I can also view my HD Homerun channels over my network from other TV's
I am digging through them. I really do not need the wifi, modem, internet hook ups. Just for OTA TV. Do any of them offer a video guide without a subscription?? So far it looks like they need a subscrition. Walmart has a mess of them to dig through.

Tablo looked pretty good, but they want to get you hooked on a subscription and their units do not look like they hook to a TV with out a WIFI hook up.

Thanks for the help

I am digging through them. I really do not need the wifi, modem, internet hook ups. Just for OTA TV. Do any of them offer a video guide without a subscription?? So far it looks like they need a subscrition. Walmart has a mess of them to dig through.

Tablo looked pretty good, but they want to get you hooked on a subscription and their units do not look like they hook to a TV with out a WIFI hook up.

Thanks for the help

The only ones that don't require a subscription that I am aware of are the lower end boxes that retrieve guide data OTA.

The only ones that don't require a subscription that I am aware of are the lower end boxes that retrieve guide data OTA.

Amazon’s FireTV Recast doesn’t require a subscription, but it only works with the various other FireTV devices.

AirTV doesn’t either I think, but uses an external hard drive you have to supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)