Recommendations-Live Drive Imaging Software

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Looking for suggestions for software that will handle imaging a live/active drive. I've been using Ghost but I recently switched to trying to backup to a NAS drive and it's been giving me issues.

Ideally what I looking for is something that will handle imaging a live drive and will allow quick re-installation in case of a failed drive without the need to reinstall Windows. Preferably needs to be able to handle backups to attached USB, SATA, or NAS drive.

What recommendations can anyone make? THANKS.

Take a look at Clonezilla, I've played with it on some systems, but did not actually make any backups.
It's suppose to do Ethernet backups, after you plug in the addresses for the lan.
It is available at osdisc.com for $1.95
It is a live Linux Cd, and runs off the CD drive, after you boot with it.
It also does not leave anything on your hard drive, after you shut it down, and reboot.

Bob

Looking for suggestions for software that will handle imaging a live/active drive. I've been using Ghost but I recently switched to trying to backup to a NAS drive and it's been giving me issues.

Ideally what I looking for is something that will handle imaging a live drive and will allow quick re-installation in case of a failed drive without the need to reinstall Windows. Preferably needs to be able to handle backups to attached USB, SATA, or NAS drive.

What recommendations can anyone make? THANKS.

If you can afford it, I would go with Acronis True Image. It does absolutely everything you want, and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts