Recommendations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clayky

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Hi guys, I'm looking to get another DVR (currently have a R10 Tivo) and am trying to get the best deal on one. DTV said $60 was the best they could do.

Also, what's the difference between the R15-100 thru 500?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm looking to get another DVR (currently have a R10 Tivo) and am trying to get the best deal on one. DTV said $60 was the best they could do.

Thanks.

My suggestion is that you read through some of the posts here about the R15 before getting one. (DirecTV isn't providing the R10 anymore.) It isn't a TiVo.

It is a fair bet you won't like it. I'd forget about getting a good deal on an R15. Even if you should get one free, the hassles of using this POS will make you wish you hadn't.

Go on eBay and find a good, used DirecTiVo. You should be able to find a good deal on an R10.

I sent back 3 R15's in a row that were defective. Once I got one that worked, I just couldn't deal with the clunky interface and idiosyncracies. I sent it back and refurbed on old DirecTiVo I had on hand instead.

The R-15 is absolutely the worst receiver DirecTV has ever provided. Hands down.

I have had three R-15s and had no real trouble with them.

The 100 is made by RCA, the 300 is Phillips, the 500 is Humax. Functionally identical, the 300 is slightly smaller. Of my 3 units, the 100 has the fastest user interface.

Mine were all free. The first was a free upgrade, the next two free by using the DVR4U2 promo code.

Thanks.

Clayky, check your private messages.

Dvr4u2

I have had three R-15s and had no real trouble with them.

The 100 is made by RCA, the 300 is Phillips, the 500 is Humax. Functionally identical, the 300 is slightly smaller. Of my 3 units, the 100 has the fastest user interface.

Mine were all free. The first was a free upgrade, the next two free by using the DVR4U2 promo code.

I tried the promo code and it did not work.Best deal they offered me to add another receiver is $199.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)