Genie Recommends

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I’ve Had my HR44 since 2014 and back then the Genie Recommends wasn’t bad it even picked up the odd show I liked. Lately it’s all garbage. All it’s been recommending is pay per view. I never have and never will purchase a pay per view. Why is that all it’s “Recommending” now? I’m probably going to go into the menu and find how to turn it off.

I’ve Had my HR44 since 2014 and back then the Genie Recommends wasn’t bad it even picked up the odd show I liked. Lately it’s all garbage. All it’s been recommending is pay per view. I never have and never will purchase a pay per view. Why is that all it’s “Recommending” now? I’m probably going to go into the menu and find how to turn it off.
Go to Menu-Settings-Genie Opt In
From there you can turn the Suggestions On or Off.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Like the op I've never used it and since the new gui has been released I've option in and so far it has been missing .
So that makes me think it's no longer part of the cross platform gui .
Even though it still shows on the menu.
I'm running 0x1037 so far with no change to gr functionality it's no longer active

I must be missing something as I scoured the guide and didn’t see the option in settings or search.

I must be missing something as I scoured the guide and didn’t see the option in settings or search.

Of course you need have a Hr44 or HR54 or HS-17 to see it

Using the NEW GUI & Remote - it's menu -setting - (RIGHT ARROW OVER) to box GENIE Opt-in - (PRESS) Select - make a choice and then wait - so far I've been waiting for 8 weeks with no GR anything

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)