Recommended Portable TV, Compatible With The MicroHD Hookup Connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Can someone please inform/recommend to the members, a portable TV can can be used with any of the back of the MicroHD ports and hookup connections.

Thank You.

I use my 7" TV that has RCA plugs. I plug in the adapter that has the 3.5mm jack and the 3 outputs to the back and away I go :)

Yeah any small TV with composite input will work.

I have a 7" LCD monitor that was one half of an in-car backseat DVD entertainment system.
The other half has a matching LCD , along with the DVD player.
Each can be used individually with Composite video RCA jacks and 3.5mm jack for sound.

The quality is not stellar, but plenty good to get the job done.
I just mention it as an alternative idea. :)

iPhone 4

I have a 7" LCD monitor that was one half of an in-car backseat DVD entertainment system.
The other half has a matching LCD , along with the DVD player.
Each can be used individually with Composite video RCA jacks and 3.5mm jack for sound.

The quality is not stellar, but plenty good to get the job done.
I just mention it as an alternative idea. :)

iPhone 4

Have you tried this with the MicroHD receiver? I have the same setup, and I can't get the video to output to the monitor for some reason. I DO get sound! I'd like to know how it works for you, and what manufacturer and model your player is.

Are you using the supplied cable? I have 3 other cables (maybe more) that do not work. The plugs are not long enough. The gender on the mircoHD cable is wrong for me, so that has caused a problem. the closest store with the right cables is 223 miles round trip, cable from an internet store was not as pictured and did not work....

in the MicroHD section shows a pic of the plug it shows the connections
most cables have L & R for audio ( and gnd) or mono & video (and gnd) these cables have three sections on the mini dim plug, The micro uses one with 4 sections left audio , right audio, video & ground

Agree with the other posts. Any TV with a RCA AV input will work.

If you have misplaced the microHD AV cable, contact our sales department. We have not yet received the additional quantity of AV breakout cables yet, but do have several sets still available for sale.

I was using the 4 sectioned cable on the MicroHD, and a 4 sectioned one from Ebay on the dvd monitor as input, and mating them with doubled RCA connectors. I'll double-check if the original cable between the sylvania player and slave monitor is 4 sectioned, or 3 sectioned. Now that Brian has posted the breakout of the MicroHD cable, I'll work on it tonight after getting home from work. Perhaps I can make a proper compromise with wire cutters and a solder job on the Ebay cable.

My player is the Sylvania SDVD8727 dual 7" screens. I do not have a breakout of what their video setup is, but I can figure it out with a meter, as I have an original cable.

Here's a link showing various breakouts that might be useful: http://pinoutsguide.com/Home/av_jack_pinout.shtml

Or: http://www.netvue.co.uk/Netvue_resources/AV_TRRS_Mini-jack.pdf

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Any TV with RCA jacks should work. Let me tell you about the one I have, it's a Haier HLT71 7 inch TV. As a TV it's TERRIBLE! It was one of the first that came out when OTA went digital, and so its tuner isn't that sensitive. However, I like it when I'm out at the dish for a few reasons:

1. Not so important, but it can decode both analog and digital OTA signals.
2. It has a built-in battery that recharges with the included A/C plug, so you don't -have to- plug it in when you're out at the dish.
3. It displays both NTSC and PAL, so if you were to use it with a receiver that has those crazy display outputs (a la Openbox fame), you'll probably not even notice it.
4. It has the 3 RCA plugs, the coax connection (for OTA antenna), and a microphone plug-in.
5. Because the TVs are now dated and weren't very good for their original purpose, you can often find them on sale or going cheap.

I just tried it with my hospitalized microHD and it displays fine. (My receiver is stuck in a power down/boot cycle, so I'm waiting for a TTL cable to try and restore it! However, it does show the boot logo for a few seconds, so I could at least test out the display).

Any TV with RCA jacks should work. Let me tell you about the one I have, it's a Haier HLT71 7 inch TV. As a TV it's TERRIBLE! It was one of the first that came out when OTA went digital, and so its tuner isn't that sensitive.
same one I have but under a different name

you're right...the tuner sucks in it

I generally leave the stb in the house. I just tune it to the tp I want, and then feed the signal out to the dish farm over a spare coax, with RCA adaptor ends. I have a 6" CRT that works fine out at the dish. I also use the same coax adaptors for long component cable runs. Works fine, and RG-6 is cheap ! :)

Attachments

• DSCN0605.jpg
    DSCN0605.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 155
Ok, I had to hack two cables together to make one that worked for video and stereo audio between the MicroHD receiver, and the Sylvania SDVD8727, but it's now working! What I actually did, is use the "master dvd player/monitor" to "slave monitor" jumper cable, (it's TRRS also and proper length) cut it in half, and figure out it's pinout compared to the MicroHD. I then stripped and resoldered wires the way they needed to be, and now it works. The dvd player doesn't play dvd's anymore anyway, so now it has a use again as just a 7" monitor.

Now I can use the slave monitor with the MicroHD out at my dish, and tweak it better without running inside, or having my wife yell (which is never right)

Has anyone used a portable Video monitor with the microHD. After reading come of the comments made by some members about the Haier HLT71 and the Eviant T7 on how hard it is to view/see the screen in the sunlight, maybe a portable video monitor might be the way to go.

If anyone is happy in using a video monitor with the microHD, I would appreciate some feedback as to which model and namebrand they are using.

Thank You.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)