OTHER Reconfiguration of waveguides from BUC+LNB to just LNB

nbkhwjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
Central Alabama, USA
hey all Im getting my AVL-1278 Dishes on the air, Im looking at the wave guide setup to determine the best course of action...

I want to remove the BUC and its waveguide, however i'm wondering if i need to change the waveguide setup also for improved reception or if its ok as is.

here are my thoughts..

1) remove the flexible waveguide and block the port, leaving the LNB setup as it is.

2) remove the waveguide, relocate the LNB to the place where the waveguide was (need a small section of waveguide), and block the port at the joint.

3) other ideas?

Comments??

Thanks..

20170122_102619.jpg

On a fixed system, I would recommend attaching the LNB directly to the feedhorn/scalar. Minimizing waveguides and angle adapters decreases signal loss. As this is a motorized dual axis conroller and the waveguides are mechanically part of the axis rotation assembly, I would keep the same configuration.

Removing the flex waveguide to the BUC makes sense, but I would first take some signal tests prior to removing and compare with the signal readings after capping the waveguide. There may be reflected signals from the port cover that might interact with the signals diverted to the KU waveguide.

BTW... If you have a spare AVL, I am still interested! :)

Reactions: nbkhwjm
Brian,

Thanks for the response, OK i understand what your saying... I can remove the Tee waveguide, but need a 3" WR75 to Circular (type?? id), i havent found one thats inexpensive, it would be the best situation...

yea these AVL are cool, i'm trying to get 2 complete ones going, Im finding that spare parts are key at the moment... but ill keep you in mind... Its a long haul from AL to Ca though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)