Record button on at weird times

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inquisitive1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
For the past few weeks and especially in the mornings, the orange record button is on. I'm not recording anything, and when I turn the DVR on, it also does not show that I am recording anything. Last night the DVR wouldn't function properly. No matter what I hit on the remote or manually pushed on the DVR, I could not get the channel to change or the thing to shut off. I hit the reset button and thought all would be well. This morning that stupid orange record button is on again. I'm not getting any new software updates and I'm not recording anything. In order for me to get the button to go off, I have to start recording two channels and stop them both. I think it's a DVR 15-300. Any ideas?

It is recording a showcase such as the "movies now" feature in the reserved portion of the drive. Hit the green button on your list screen and you'll see what I mean.

That stupid button has been on for over two hours. How do I stop this "movies now" feature from recording all this crap?

But I'm not sure that's it. I had to record two programs and stop them both before the light went off again.

Last edited:
You can't stop the Movies Now from ever recording, but yes, that is the way to stop an individual Movies Now recording.
If you tie up both tuners in record mode, the Movies Now has to stop recording.

The Movies Now recording won't (or shouldn't) interfere with any scheduled series link that may be set up for the same time frame. It is also recorded in reserved hard drive space and therefore doesn't take up normal recording space.

And as a little nit pick. It isn't the record "button" that's lit, it's the record light. :)

I didn't even know there was a "movies now" option until I came here. That tells you how often I use it (never) which is why I'm just irritated that at all hours of the day and night that record *light* is on. But the light is on the button. :)

I didn't even know there was a "movies now" option until I came here. That tells you how often I use it (never) which is why I'm just irritated that at all hours of the day and night that record *light* is on. But the light is on the button. :)

Next time, look to see if it is recording something at the time your seeing it.

It should not be on all that much unless you have things set to record.

Jimbo

I was aware of those Direct recordings i just delete them from the menu but all mine are never more than 5 mins long not 2 hours.

Movies Now is a fairly new feature, on-demand PPV.

If you don't watch them, they just sit in the reserved drive space - don't hurt anything.

The system does not allow you to delete them either.

Again, if you aren't familiar with them, click the green button after hitting list to see your recordings, and you'll see one called "Movies Now"

I left this issue alone for a few days because having the record light on wasn't bothering me. But last night when I tried to record something with the Movies Now already recording, I ran into a bit of a problem. After I started recording my program, it took at least 30 seconds for me to be able to change the channel to something else. At first, I thought the channel wasn't going to change at all. I hit the change button so many times that when it finally did unstick, it kept going and going. I know that's not anything big, but it was annoying. I'm just not liking this Movies Now thing.

Also, the light has been on for at least 5 hours each day (and that's just when I walk by the receiver and take note of it). When I tab over in my list, I have 6 movies there, plus 4 other things. That number hasn't changed in several days, yet something is still recording.

I think normally these movies would record over night.
I have about 7 movies and some other stuff as well, but have yet to have it come on and conflict with anything I was doing.
I think I did see it on once during the day, but thats about it.

Jimbo

My DVR+ seems to ALWAYS have the light on when I go downstairs in the morning, which is around 6ish. I feel bad for that DVR almost. It gets almost no use, and I only use it's functionality when I'm in the other room eating dinner and there's a major sports thing they're talking about that I want to rewind to see.

I haven't seen that record light on in a few weeks. That makes me happy, but I wonder why they haven't been force-feeding me the movies. Not that I'm complaining....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)