Recorded all day without a blue screen failure

*mad_professor*

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 9, 2004
Covina, CA
My system frequently reboots during recording with TT.

Since I live on the West Coast, I set my TT to record Howard at 3am.

When I woke up at 5:30, I noticed that I had several files created with various names and it made no sense. Well after listening for a while, Howard mentioned that Sal kept putting up stupid things on the PDT and that was screwing up TT.

Since my recording was all screwed up and parts under 45 seconds were dropped, I just deleted them and set my TT to record the rebroadcast at 6:00am PST. I then went into the configuration menu and changed the minimum song length to "none". I figured I would at least record everything no matter what the size and then I could piece it together when I got home. Well, much to my surprise, it recorded the entire day! It worked perfectly. Not only did it record Howard, but my Bubba timer worked and it grabbed the entire show. It broke out the commercials and I just manually deleted them.

Anyone else having problems with their system rebooting, please try to set your minimum song length to "none". Let's see if this fixes the problem.

Please report back so we can figure this thing out.

*mad_professor* said:
My system frequently reboots during recording with TT.

Since I live on the West Coast, I set my TT to record Howard at 3am.

When I woke up at 5:30, I noticed that I had several files created with various names and it made no sense. Well after listening for a while, Howard mentioned that Sal kept putting up stupid things on the PDT and that was screwing up TT.

Since my recording was all screwed up and parts under 45 seconds were dropped, I just deleted them and set my TT to record the rebroadcast at 6:00am PST. I then went into the configuration menu and changed the minimum song length to "none". I figured I would at least record everything no matter what the size and then I could piece it together when I got home. Well, much to my surprise, it recorded the entire day! It worked perfectly. Not only did it record Howard, but my Bubba timer worked and it grabbed the entire show. It broke out the commercials and I just manually deleted them.

Anyone else having problems with their system rebooting, please try to set your minimum song length to "none". Let's see if this fixes the problem.

Please report back so we can figure this thing out.

Interesting news...

Not sure you decided to delete them all cuz there was nothing that made sense or if they were out of order....

I suggest you place the counter (%n I think) in the begining of the file name, at least that would allow you to know the order it was recorded and help figure out what peices go where....

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts