Recorded shows wont play from External Drive on DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reboot fixed it.. unplugged both dvr and drive from power

but i fell asleep left the dvr on when i woke up... the dvr wasn't responding to both the remote or by pressing the buttons on the front panel either... and the LED light on the hard drive was not on.. but the drive was working and spinning...

so i unplugged dvr from power.. then i unplugged the drive from power.. the plugged power back to drive.. then pluggged power back to dvr.. when dvr booted back up.. it wiped my recordings and my to do list :(

:( i dont know whats causing this ?

Last edited:
This is a really pain like pulling hairs now..
it happened again

DVR was going crazy i saw that the LED light on the DVR was spinning in circles..then i saw the external hard drive LED light turn off..

when i went to view recorded show it would not let me view all i got was if i want to delete it..

it also causes the network internet connection not work when this happens for the DVR.. could not get to send Diagnostics report but i got the Linksys gaming wireless adapter pluggged in.. and have my laptop computer connected to the second ethernet port on the DVR..and the internet work fine on the laptop however..

Rebooted DVR using the reset menu and got stuck on the checking sat connection screen..
so i pulled the power from external hard drive. and turn the drive back on... then i hit the red reset button from the DVR access card slot..

then after it rebooted it reset everything..deleted all shows recorded and remove the To-do list... :(

whats going on ?

I've been using esata setups for over a year with no issues like yhou describe, over several firmwares.

I don't think 0290 changed anything drive related.

I think your drive setup is either incompatible or has a bad setting (or even could be a bad drive).

If there aresettings, make sure it doesn't ever do any power saving mode, it needs to always be on, and the dvr will tell it when to rest.

More than likely you will need to hook it up to a pc. Go to the drive and select properties and look for the sleep setting. I am leaving Charter for Directv on Thursday. I had to do this for my WD drive.

Well it shut off last time.. again..
I went to bestbuy and asked geeksquad.. and they said it must be the firmware from directv or something else that causing it to shut down the hard drive..

this is really like pulling hairs.. and i dont like it.. NO Im not feeling the Joy for me from Directv..

Status
Please reply by conversation.