recording 4 programs with hr10-250?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
so, I thought that now that I have OTA in my hr10-250 I would be able to record 4shows at the same time. Last night I was recording Grey's anatomy OTA and from the LA HD ABC (to compare them). When I tried to watch a channel different from any of the two above, the tuner said something like "to view a different channel you have to cancel the current recording":confused: I thought that I had two tuners for sat and two tuners for OTA which would allow me to record up to 4 different programs at a time. Is there something wrong with my HD Tivo or am I confused and I can only record up to two channels at once?

thanks!

dragon002 said:
if it is the same as the R-10 and the R-15 you should be able to watch one and record two, though.

Only if the one you are watching is previously recorded, I'm sure that's what you meant, I just felt the need to clarify.;)

There are 2 SAT tuners and 2 OTA tuners... the problem is there is no way to Buffer 4 streams at once... 4 SD yes... but since it HAS HD as a safety it cant.

ShadowEKU said:
There are 2 SAT tuners and 2 OTA tuners... the problem is there is no way to Buffer 4 streams at once... 4 SD yes... but since it HAS HD as a safety it cant.

Ahh, well, either way, I doubt its CPU and disk subsystem could decode and write 4 streams at once anyhow without choking.

damaged said:
Ahh, well, either way, I doubt its CPU and disk subsystem could decode and write 4 streams at once anyhow without choking.

another good point... it would only have to decode 1 Sat though... the other could jsut be stored.

Status
Please reply by conversation.