Recording a delayed show - Options?

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
I have the new "Amazing Race" scheduled to auto-record (7:00PM - 8:00PM Sunday Central time). Unfortunately, this show frequently gets delayed by a late ending football game. CBS pushes everything back accordingly. Well, when 7:00PM triggers, CBS is still broadcasting "60 Minutes". The "Amazing Race" is scheduled until 8:00PM, therefore at 8:00PM the recording is considered finished, and I am left watching an incomplete show.

Is this just the way it is? Or are there options I am not considering?

I had this problem with Cold Case so what I did was extend the recording by 30 minutes. That seemed to cover me. Now with Amazing Race, I record it for the regular time and then Cold Case for 1 1/2 hours. This week football went over so when I was ready to watch Amazing Race, I just fast forwarded to the beginning and then watched the end on my Cold Case recording.

Hope that helps.

I always just set my recorder to record the show in question, along with the show that follows it. That way you have a full "extra" hour after the show you want to watch to cover yourself, and hopefully not miss anything.

I always just set my recorder to record the show in question, along with the show that follows it. That way you have a full "extra" hour after the show you want to watch to cover yourself, and hopefully not miss anything.

I would think you would be better off to just extend the time by an extra 60 minutes in that case. Then all of the show is together. I find it kind of a pain when the show just stops in the middle even thought I know I have it continuing on a 2nd recording. Granted, if it goes on time, you can't just delete the other show off and gain the 60 minutes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)