Recording a show while away from home?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

latour228

Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
USA
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out and hope I am posting in the right category. I thought I cold remember a few years ago, you could go on your phone and go to directv website and select something to record when your not at home so long as your genie and/or DVR is left on? I had tried doing this with the new directv app that I downloaded on my phone today as a test run. What I had set to record never recorded. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I selected which box I wanted the show/movie to record to, and nothing happened even though in the app it said it was set to record. I even went through and selected both DVR and genie to see if one of them would pick it up. Still nothing happened.

Did something change and I didn't know it had or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out and hope I am posting in the right category. I thought I cold remember a few years ago, you could go on your phone and go to directv website and select something to record when your not at home so long as your genie and/or DVR is left on? I had tried doing this with the new directv app that I downloaded on my phone today as a test run. What I had set to record never recorded. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I selected which box I wanted the show/movie to record to, and nothing happened even though in the app it said it was set to record. I even went through and selected both DVR and genie to see if one of them would pick it up. Still nothing happened.

Did something change and I didn't know it had or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated
Normally, you'l get an email from D* confirming the Recording ....

I have not don' that in awhile, but yes, it h as been available.

I received confirmation it was scheduled to record but nothing happened on the box. :/
Hmmm, ill have to try it, ill record something that way at the top of the hour.

edit:
Ok, I just set it up online, not the app, don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I was in front of my computer.

edit 2:
Ok, I also went to my phone and pulled something up to record, also should start at 10 pm

Last edited:
Ok, the Recordings I set up last night, one from the D* website and the other from the app on my Cell phone .... both Recorded properly.

However, I did get a email confirmation for the one I set up on the website, but not for the one that I set up from the Cell ...
Not sure why, or maybe thats just the way they do it.

I’ve recorded multiple times from app and never received email notification. Never recorded from website.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts