Recording back to back shows on same tuner??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Isn't there anything Dish can do to fix this? The Dual Mode setup is limiting enough without this issue. I love saving the money, but come on.
considering there have been threads and issues with that for a long time now and Dish hasnt done anything....I doubt they'd do anything now

KasumiX said:
Necro'ing this thread because I just discovered this issue. While watching recordings of The Biggest Loser followed by the Voice on Tuesday (both NBC) , my wife was upset that the the "scenes from next week" at the end of Biggest Loser were cut off early. I expected them to be at the beginning of the Voice recording, but alas, that recording started right off with the opening for the Voice.

Now, my workaround is to futz with the timers to force Biggest Loser to record an extra 2 minutes, but in doing so this forces The Voice to record on TV1 instead of TV2. Not a huge deal but it is inconvenient and unnecessary.

We're going to have a much bigger problem on Thursdays, when the wife records Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice (both ABC) and I record Awake (NBC) at the same time as Private Practice. There is going to be no way at all to extend the recording of Grey's Anatomy, and if it doesn't pick up the preview of next week I'm going to hear about it.

So I need to either go out and buy an OTA antenna, which I'd rather not do (but I'll take recommendations), or Dish needs to fix it so 1 tuner can record more than one thing on the same channel. This is obviously quite possible - DirecTV even defaults to picking up a small buffer on either end of its recordings. Isn't there anything Dish can do to fix this? The Dual Mode setup is limiting enough without this issue. I love saving the money, but come on.

Get a hopper and PrimeTime Anytime will take care of that, well for shows on ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

KasumiX said:
We're going to have a much bigger problem on Thursdays, when the wife records Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice (both ABC) and I record Awake (NBC) at the same time as Private Practice. There is going to be no way at all to extend the recording of Grey's Anatomy, and if it doesn't pick up the preview of next week I'm going to hear about it.

Actually, Private Practice has been moved to Tuesdays. But I agree with the other poster. Go with a hopper and all your problems will be solved.

Didn't know that about Private Practice. I guess that alleviates things somewhat, unless it's on at the same time as The Voice. The thing with the Hopper/Joey is I would suddenly be looking at $11/month in equipment fees when right now I pay nothing. On top of that I'd probably have to fork over $99 up front. With only one HDTV and a seldom used SDTV in the bedroom, it seems like overkill to pay so much for what amounts to a workaround of a very basic software issue. This is pretty important since the whole move from D* to Dish was about bang for the buck.

I noticed you have a receiver with tuner 1 & tuner 2, so I know you don't have a 211k. But if whatever model you do have has a built-in ATSC ota tuner that's not being utilized... I'd definitely consider getting an antenna and hooking that up.

There are times on my 211k that I simply couldn't get by if all I had was the satellite dish hooked up. In fact, I sometimes have to use the ATSC tuners in my HTPC to take some of the load off the 211k and make everything work out right.

I figure Ice is right. Dish hasn't shown any interest in correcting this so far, so they probably never will. If they don't mind being "less than as good as they could be", then we just have to find ways to live with it.

The sad part is, this wouldn't be hard to fix at all for a company like Dish. They just lack the will to do it.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)