recording inauguration on two channels

kmmcdonald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I want to record the inauguration coverage to DVR from more than one HD network, so later that evening, I can select the coverage that has the least commentary, least news crawls, real HD, etc.. However, I cannot do that. When I try to set up the second channel to record, one of the two is x-ed out, evidently because I am recording the same program on another channel.

I think that this is because all of the inauguration coverage has the same title in the program listing, even if it is the production of different news networks.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Keith

Which receiver are you using?

And you can go to schedule in your DVR list and override by choosing "restore."

If both selections were OTA channels, then remember you only have one OTA tuner.

If the guide selection has a circled X, then click it and you will go to the "Daily Schedule" where you should look for conflicting programs. Conflicts are especially likely with the long default recording times of the coverage. From the DS you can select which one to skip. Otherwise to get to DS press DVR 3 times. It's always a good to regularly look through the DS to see which shows are being skipped or are extraneous. Hint, you may have to "Show Skip" the flip of "Hide Skip".

I like to check my daily reset time (menu-8-4) and then in the DS look for that time and hit "Next Day" to look at the top of each day, as I do the reset sometime overnight.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts