Recording issue with a 522

VTRauder

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Hey there, I'm new to this site, I've searched around but I can't find any problems quite like mine.
I like in an apartment, so I have 2 of those Q-boxes hooked up. My unit is basically locked in single mode (hitting the mode button does nothing). I cannot change the recorder plus feature (it is in enabled and set itself to TV2). All seems as it should so far... here is where it goes bad. If I record a program currently on IE I hit record while I'm watching it, it records, and I can go back and play it after. If I preset a timer no go... the light red record light will shine, in the DVR menu the red dot will be next to the program, but it's nowhere to be found... it claims to have recorded... but I can't watch them because they aren't in the list :confused: Any help would be wonderful

I had a similar problem, I had to return the 522 for a new one. Can you pause and rewind live TV? That was another problem I had with that box along with the recording problem. It sounds like a new 522 is needed.

Does the PIP function work properly? Can you see both pictures and swap freely?
If you preset 2 dvr timers, does the timer recording on tuner 1 show up in the list?

Does the PIP function work properly? Can you see both pictures and swap freely?
If you preset 2 dvr timers, does the timer recording on tuner 1 show up in the list?

PIP doesn't work anymore, no, it did work when I first got it though... :( and I'll try the two presets thing tonight.

more than likely if it stated it recorded the show, than likely it did. ...when you got to my recordings by pushing ur dvr button twice, go to were it says sort! you may have accidentally sorted ur recordings by date, alpha/numeric, movies, dvr length, etc... as for the mode light try unplugging and waiting bout 15 seconds then plug back let it reboot then try and place it back in dual mode or whichever you were trying to get. ...and for the recording preference, goto menu 8-5 if it says tv2 then whatever you recording on tv1 will be sent to tv2 vice versa, if it has tv1 and ur on tv1 the recordings will always stay recording on tv1, thus not letting watch and record @ the same tyme hope this helps you out

more than likely if it stated it recorded the show, than likely it did. ...when you got to my recordings by pushing ur dvr button twice, go to were it says sort! you may have accidentally sorted ur recordings by date, alpha/numeric, movies, dvr length, etc... as for the mode light try unplugging and waiting bout 15 seconds then plug back let it reboot then try and place it back in dual mode or whichever you were trying to get. ...and for the recording preference, goto menu 8-5 if it says tv2 then whatever you recording on tv1 will be sent to tv2 vice versa, if it has tv1 and ur on tv1 the recordings will always stay recording on tv1, thus not letting watch and record @ the same tyme hope this helps you out

I don't think that's the issue, there are only a couple programs in my list (two that I recorded when they came on and I had to go somewhere. Anything I try to record with a preset does not show up in the list.

Loss of LA Network Channels

7222 Upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)