Recording Modes on the New DVR?

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
Guys,

Did anyone happen to catch any information regarding the recording modes on the DVR?

Specifically I would like to know if is supports:

(1) Name based recording. For example record all episodes of Seinfeld or all episodes of Tour de France.

(2) If Name based recording is supported can you specify only a part of the title. For example: the Tour de France episodes usually include other things in the title like Tour de France: stage 1, Tour de France: stage 2. I want it to find all Tour de France episodes regardless of the rest of the title.

(3) Can you ask it to record only new episodes. In other words can it record only the new episodes of Spanish Soccer. Even with 250 GB recording all Spanish Soccer reruns would lead to the DVR running out of space fast.

Thanks for the information!
Carlos

It supports name based recording (not sure about part of a title)

But the voom rep said there will be an option to record only "new" eps (I specifically asked about that one)

If you guys read between Sean's posts, I think he's already had one for awhile but can't tell us. Sean, wipe that big silly grin off your face!

DarrellP said:
If you guys read between Sean's posts, I think he's already had one for awhile but can't tell us. Sean, wipe that big silly grin off your face!

:D :D :D Not really... I don't have one :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)