Recording OTA with the 722

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
I have run into something I did not think about with the 722. Next Thursday night CSI and Grey's comes on at the same time so it will only let me record on or the other. To bypass this I have to record one on the local I get thru dish. Is this the only way to do this? I just got this 722 was getting ready to enjoy all these shows in HD. I didn't even think about this when I got it.

I knew it had one tuner, but for some reason in my mind i thought one of the other sat. tuners would pick it up too. It's all good, nothing I can't live with. I don't know why I didn't think about this. Thanks for the quick reply.

I knew it had one tuner, but for some reason in my mind i thought one of the other sat. tuners would pick it up too. It's all good, nothing I can't live with. I don't know why I didn't think about this. Thanks for the quick reply.

One OTA tuner means record one OTA channel at a time. Two Sat tuners means record two Sat channels at the same time.

One OTA tuner means record one OTA channel at a time. Two Sat tuners means record two Sat channels at the same time.

And when you add them together you get 3 capable ways to record at the same time. And even watch 2 other items that are already recorded at the time those 3 are recording (we have done this many a time).

Ted...

I think you're asking will it switch to a satellite-provided channel to record one or the other and the answer is "no". It's sorta locked to the channel you originally chose unless you use Dish Pass. Go into your Timers listing and see which one it is recording (it will be the one you created the timer for first unless you changed the Priority). Now go to the guide and schedule a recoding for the other show off of a satellite (non-OTA) channel to get both recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)