Recording playback freezes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
This is my first post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place. Lately my HR22 has been freezing up on playback. Seems to be happening more & more. If I just wait it will finally move on, skipping some of the program. Sometimes it won't respond to the remote when this happens. It is happening with programs recorded on different channels. I don't notice it on live tv. Is my DVR dying? The batteries in the remote are new.

This is my first post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place. Lately my HR22 has been freezing up on playback. Seems to be happening more & more. If I just wait it will finally move on, skipping some of the program. Sometimes it won't respond to the remote when this happens. It is happening with programs recorded on different channels. I don't notice it on live tv. Is my DVR dying? The batteries in the remote are new.

Sounds like it might be an internal drive going bad. You might want to try an external HDD on the 22. That will tell you quickly if the internal drive is shot. If you hook an external drive and don't see the problems you're seeing on the internal drive of the 22, your internal drive is shot. If you still see the same problems on the 22 with an external drive hooked up to it, your 22 is shot.

Rich

Thanks for the info. I don't have an external drive but I do think you may be right-that it's going bad. Guess I need to watch all the recorded stuff and give CS a call.
Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)