recording prime time shows to my partition

Rinker97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Hey all,

Loving my hoppers and joey but I have a question/problem. We moved in on 3/30 and my hoppers and joey were installed on 3/31. I enabled PTAT on the basement hopper and set up some primetime shows to record on the DVR. I thought it would use the PTAT recording and move them over automatically. I even thought I checked before and saw them there.

We are Fringe fans so decided to start watching it again since with the move we have been real busy at night. I looked on Hulu and saw there were 5 out there last week. One was on around the time of the move so I knew we wouldn't have it and it would expire in 3 days. We watched it and all was good. Then last night we watched another but it had an air date of 4/6. I looked on our side of the DVR and we only have 2 Fringe shows there instead of 4. I also noticed other shows I thought I was recording were like that too.

So my question is, with PTAT enabled, can you automatically record PT shows and get them on your side so they aren't deleted? I'd hate to think I have to save them over every week. If there isn't a way then maybe I need to use my other Hopper to record them without PTAT enabled.

Thanks

Hey all,

Loving my hoppers and joey but I have a question/problem. We moved in on 3/30 and my hoppers and joey were installed on 3/31. I enabled PTAT on the basement hopper and set up some primetime shows to record on the DVR. I thought it would use the PTAT recording and move them over automatically. I even thought I checked before and saw them there.

We are Fringe fans so decided to start watching it again since with the move we have been real busy at night. I looked on Hulu and saw there were 5 out there last week. One was on around the time of the move so I knew we wouldn't have it and it would expire in 3 days. We watched it and all was good. Then last night we watched another but it had an air date of 4/6. I looked on our side of the DVR and we only have 2 Fringe shows there instead of 4. I also noticed other shows I thought I was recording were like that too.

So my question is, with PTAT enabled, can you automatically record PT shows and get them on your side so they aren't deleted? I'd hate to think I have to save them over every week. If there isn't a way then maybe I need to use my other Hopper to record them without PTAT enabled.

Thanks

If your firmware is S209 or higher, yes, you can automatically save individual PTAT to your partition. You just need to click on the tile for the program, while in PTAT, and tell it to Save Series. It will then save that program and all the recurring programs to your sector....

Hey all,

Thanks

With the recent software updates you can select "Save Series" from the recording while in the PTAT folder.

So I should just delete all the DVR series I thought I had set up and do it this way. I'll have to see if I've been updated yet. When I checked last week, I hadn't.

Only thing I don't like about this is it goes into the no folder instead of the folder that it is set to go to. The series on other programs work just fine, but not the PTAT feature.

I have PTAT enabled and have regular timers set up for shows that broadcast on Fox, CBS, ABC, and NBC. Those shows automatically show up in my DVR list and don't delete until I manually do it. I have not missed any episodes and have never done the "save this series" from the PTAT folder. Something is wrong if you are missing episodes in your DVR list.

I have PTAT enabled and have regular timers set up for shows that broadcast on Fox, CBS, ABC, and NBC. Those shows automatically show up in my DVR list and don't delete until I manually do it. I have not missed any episodes and have never done the "save this series" from the PTAT folder. Something is wrong if you are missing episodes in your DVR list.

ALL the "save this series" from the PTA folder does is create the exact same timer.

I haven't tried the 'Save This Series' yet. Does it save every episode, including repeats? I don't see a way to get it to save just New episodes.

If there isn't a prompt for only new, you can save the series with a regular edited timer and it will use the PTAT tuned programs saved to your specification. It works even though the timer shows skipped on the daily schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts