Recording problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
our local station has Judge Judy on at 12:30, 3, and 3:30 daily. The 12:30 description is always wrong, stating that it is a new one but it is not. The 3:00 description is identical and is the right show. If I set to record first run, it records 12:30 and skips 3:00 so my wife misses the new show. It does the exact same thing when set to record all. I would love to be able to record only the 3 and 3:30 shows but don’t know how to tell it to skip the 12:30 showing. Any suggestions?

If the info is wrong, it won't record the episodes you want unless you do a manual recording.

How are you setting up your recording? - Delete all the current recording series for JJ you have now -then reset then up as below - -once you have the set up in the manger- move them closer to to the top - Directv does not control the guide info it's provided by a third party - so if that info is wrong "first" one left out -Then it will record it no matter what

I suggest you go into the guide - pull up the 3:00 -Press record twice & then do the same for 3:30 one - within the guide press record twice-
By doing it in the guide it will record all shows at that time

How are you setting up your recording? - Delete all the current recording series for JJ you have now -then reset then up as below - -once you have the set up in the manger- move them closer to to the top - Directv does not control the guide info it's provided by a third party - so if that info is wrong "first" one left out -Then it will record it no matter what

I suggest you go into the guide - pull up the 3:00 -Press record twice & then do the same for 3:30 one - within the guide press record twice-
By doing it in the guide it will record all shows at that time
Pressing record twice makes it a series recording and it will record all episodes, including the one he doesn't want to record.

Yes but it won't skip any either - That's the only way to over ride defective guide info - Record the show and then delete it -doesn't take that much effort and then his wife doesn't miss it - Start the show and you know when you've seen it (repeat) hit exit -then delete -or if you nervous FF all the way to the end and select DO you want to delete it Y or N - and you always delete the right one -LOL

I would let it record all three and then Delete when your going to watch them, at least this way you wouldn't miss any.

I've came across a slightly different issue that I'm hoping gets resolved with an update soon.

I tried to Record the OTA station, mainly because the channel is currently Off the air due to the providers dispute, but when I go to record the OTA channel, a few seconds later it will move itself to the Sat delivered channel ... I have decided to Record Both channels and just delete the other when I go to watch.

I wouldn't expect to see that issue ever resolved - as the "OTA" option is no longer being addressed by D* as the AM being discontinued and not being able to be added to the GENIE 2 going forward. - SO Your work around is you best fix

n4uaj said he wanted to record the episodes he wanted but not others. In this case a manual recording is the only way I'm aware of. I agree just recording them all and deleting the ones you don't want is easier and probably a better way to do it.

I’ll try setting it up again with 3 and 3:30. I know in the past if the manager on a show was set to “all” then it would record all episodes, even duplicates. I would be glad to record all 3 then she could delete the mislabeled repeat at 12:30 if she’s already seen it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)