Recording problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
our local station has Judge Judy on at 12:30, 3, and 3:30 daily. The 12:30 description is always wrong, stating that it is a new one but it is not. The 3:00 description is identical and is the right show. If I set to record first run, it records 12:30 and skips 3:00 so my wife misses the new show. It does the exact same thing when set to record all. I would love to be able to record only the 3 and 3:30 shows but don’t know how to tell it to skip the 12:30 showing. Any suggestions?

If the info is wrong, it won't record the episodes you want unless you do a manual recording.

How are you setting up your recording? - Delete all the current recording series for JJ you have now -then reset then up as below - -once you have the set up in the manger- move them closer to to the top - Directv does not control the guide info it's provided by a third party - so if that info is wrong "first" one left out -Then it will record it no matter what

I suggest you go into the guide - pull up the 3:00 -Press record twice & then do the same for 3:30 one - within the guide press record twice-
By doing it in the guide it will record all shows at that time

How are you setting up your recording? - Delete all the current recording series for JJ you have now -then reset then up as below - -once you have the set up in the manger- move them closer to to the top - Directv does not control the guide info it's provided by a third party - so if that info is wrong "first" one left out -Then it will record it no matter what

I suggest you go into the guide - pull up the 3:00 -Press record twice & then do the same for 3:30 one - within the guide press record twice-
By doing it in the guide it will record all shows at that time
Pressing record twice makes it a series recording and it will record all episodes, including the one he doesn't want to record.

Yes but it won't skip any either - That's the only way to over ride defective guide info - Record the show and then delete it -doesn't take that much effort and then his wife doesn't miss it - Start the show and you know when you've seen it (repeat) hit exit -then delete -or if you nervous FF all the way to the end and select DO you want to delete it Y or N - and you always delete the right one -LOL

I would let it record all three and then Delete when your going to watch them, at least this way you wouldn't miss any.

I've came across a slightly different issue that I'm hoping gets resolved with an update soon.

I tried to Record the OTA station, mainly because the channel is currently Off the air due to the providers dispute, but when I go to record the OTA channel, a few seconds later it will move itself to the Sat delivered channel ... I have decided to Record Both channels and just delete the other when I go to watch.

I wouldn't expect to see that issue ever resolved - as the "OTA" option is no longer being addressed by D* as the AM being discontinued and not being able to be added to the GENIE 2 going forward. - SO Your work around is you best fix

n4uaj said he wanted to record the episodes he wanted but not others. In this case a manual recording is the only way I'm aware of. I agree just recording them all and deleting the ones you don't want is easier and probably a better way to do it.

I’ll try setting it up again with 3 and 3:30. I know in the past if the manager on a show was set to “all” then it would record all episodes, even duplicates. I would be glad to record all 3 then she could delete the mislabeled repeat at 12:30 if she’s already seen it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.