Recording SNL Problem

Gbooey

Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
Saturday Night Live would not record, the rerun show Saturday @10PM EST and the new show @11:30 PM EST. It showed recorded but nothing there for both shows, no code, went immediately to save or delete..Was able to watch both live...Both on local NBC channel..Never, ever had this issue before with SNL.. ATT/Directv call was no help.. Any ideas ???

So to continue in this problem, now certain programs on HBO showed recorded, but nothing there, ( John Oliver).. I shut it all down , unplugged the receiver, plugged it back in, reboot. Recorded the rerun of that show, and it was fine, so will see what happens....

I don't watch SNL, but when you go to the Info portion, do they assign a Original Air Date for the shows ?

Some programs don't and that causes those issues.

I don't watch SNL, but when you go to the Info portion, do they assign a Original Air Date for the shows ?

Some programs don't and that causes those issues.

The 10 pm episode is in theory a new episode. As it’s the first time it’s been rebroadcast. Even though it’s an encore presentation. It’s not considered a repeat.

The 10 pm episode is in theory a new episode. As it’s the first time it’s been rebroadcast. Even though it’s an encore presentation. It’s not considered a repeat.
If its not the First time it's been shown, date wise, it should go down as a rerun and Not recorded, if you have First runs only selected.

I am glad that I am not the only one who has the 10pm episode record. It's years old. It is just being flagged as such. It either has guide data that calls it a new episode (first air xx-xx-2020, watch this remastered snl from 1998) or generic data with no first air date so it just records. It's really not THAT big a deal though, just delete those... or re-watch them, as they are so old they are not like fresh re-runs. There wasn't one tonight (10-11) but it looks like there will be next week as Notre Dame is playing earlier in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)