Recording Sports Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ae6dx

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
When Recording Sports Programs it is somewhat of a pain to have to go in and change the End time from on time at an hour later so as not to miss the game if it runs over. It would be nice if the DVR could figure out the end time automatically. Just an idea for future software release.

When Recording Sports Programs it is somewhat of a pain to have to go in and change the End time from on time at an hour later so as not to miss the game if it runs over. It would be nice if the DVR could figure out the end time automatically. Just an idea for future software release.
Really ????
You know when games are over and what ones may go into OT ?
When a race is on, how long cautions will last.
MLB , games go a wide variety of times, is the rec. suppose to know if a fast pitcher is on the mound and accommodate the DVR time accordingly ?

Last w/e's college football game was over at 11pm, can I count on the NC game being over then as well, or will it be more like 12:25 am.

If it's over at 11 I will stay up and watch it.

The second half in some games doesn't get started till about 10:30, when is the game over again ?

Sorry if this seams harsh, but there really is NO way to tell how long a game is.

If you have the ability to answer these , you need to go to Vegas :D

fwiw, it takes about :30 sec's to set the addl time to your recording.
D* IS already adding a minute to your recordings before and after in order to get the beggining and end of shows that decide to start at thier own time.

Jimbo

His thought process is not that far off guys. The network center already has to monitor those games manually for the sports packages (turn off the MLBEI channel when the game ends so sports pack subs can see the postgame, and MLBEI only subs cant). Same with NBA and NHL. NFL is also heavily monitored.

It is not unrealistic to say they could tie the sports timers into this same authorization system methodology. I don't know if is is easy, but I'm sure it's possible.

His thought process is not that far off guys. The network center already has to monitor those games manually for the sports packages (turn off the MLBEI channel when the game ends so sports pack subs can see the postgame, and MLBEI only subs cant). Same with NBA and NHL. NFL is also heavily monitored.

It is not unrealistic to say they could tie the sports timers into this same authorization system methodology. I don't know if is is easy, but I'm sure it's possible.

Well, no one has done it since the invention of DVR's, there must be a reason ...

Well, no one has done it since the invention of DVR's, there must be a reason ...
You don't have to know the exact length of each event beforehand- it would be helpful to be able to program default record setting separately for sports programs. I had this with another sat provider and it saved me from having to do it manually for every game. Perfect? Absolutely not! Helpful? Absolutely!

GO HORNS!

I still don't see what the big deal is, it take what an extra minute to add time ...

15 seconds tops.

The one current downside is that if you set up the recording remotely, you can't add the padding. I have my family room receiver default set to an extra hour for this reason - if I need to schedule a sporting event, I set that receiver instead of the living room.

It would definitely be nice, but I agree that it's not a huge deal.

15 seconds tops.

The one current downside is that if you set up the recording remotely, you can't add the padding. I have my family room receiver default set to an extra hour for this reason - if I need to schedule a sporting event, I set that receiver instead of the living room.

It would definitely be nice, but I agree that it's not a huge deal.

This particular item would be very easy for D* to address, simple software change on the website.

Jimbo

I guess this is never an issue for me as I always add a minmum of an hour. Yes it would be nice if it was like the ST where it blocks off 4.5 HRS then it splits based on when the game ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)