Recording stations by DVD and VCR

rlhenryjr

Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Hi there.
We just got Dish Network and plan to get rid of Cable.

With Cable we were able to record a TV program on the DVD recorder, record another TV program at the same time with the VCR and watch another channel while recording the other two all at the same time.
We did not know that all this would end once we got the Dish.
We are so unhappy with our contract because now we have to record on the DVD in one room, while recording on the VCR in the other room, and cannot do two things at once on any one TV set.
Please is there any way around this? Can someone tell us if there are any adaptors that will let us tape TV programs, with the DVD recorder and the VCR all at the same time? Surely there is some savvy tech wiz kid who knows how to get around this.
We are very unhappy with our Dish contract. :(
We have to keep it for 18 months. :eek:
Please someone help with any information on how to get around this problem. Or how to get out of our contract. We were not well informed.
Thanks so much.
RL

Yes...that would make things much simpler and easier to use...even than they were before.

I was also thinking you could add an extra 322 to dedicate to the recorders. It's an extra $5 per month plus whatever it costs to buy it if necessary.

Dump the VCR get a dual tuner DVR. I have 3 VCR's setting idle because of DVR's - you'll never go back.

You may have a window for canceling the contract depending on where you live or 30 day money back. Get a 2 room DVR if you can, I used to use VCR to record and would never go back. I have one DVR for over 3 years with lot's of recording going on and the hard drive died. I think it the exception more than the rule. I sure would like to know the model number because if it's a non-dvr unit you should be able to record to DVR. If you have more questions and like some one on one help PM me.

Work smarter not harder. get a 622 receiver. you will be able to record 3 programs at once while watching a previously recorded program. Example... at 8:00, Set tuner 1 to record Golden Girls, Set tuner 2 to record Hill Street Blues, set the OTA (over the air) tuner to record Punky Brewster. While those three shows are recording you can be watching Sanford and Son which you recorded yesterday.

Work smarter not harder. get a 622 receiver. you will be able to record 3 programs at once while watching a previously recorded program. Example... at 8:00, Set tuner 1 to record Golden Girls, Set tuner 2 to record Hill Street Blues, set the OTA (over the air) tuner to record Punky Brewster. While those three shows are recording you can be watching Sanford and Son which you recorded yesterday.

And split your OTA antenna input twice - to your VCR to record Charles in Charge and to your DVD recorder to record Saved by the Bell.

:hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)