Recording using Program Planner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

electr0n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Austin, TX
I just got Voom yesterday and am really enjoying it. I have a question regarding using the program planner with a dvd recorder. I have the s-video output from the Voom stb going into the line 1 of my Sony GX7. I set the GX7 for synchro recording after setting the pp for a show. I set the pp to turn on the stb, but I'm not getting anything recorded. I'm using a dvd-rw and I've used both the video and vr formats with no luck.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I can record manually just fine, it just seems the GX7 doesn't recognize the signal coming from the Voom stb. The manual isn't too helpful it says "synchro recording may not work with some satellite receivers".

Would really like to get this to work - I'm grateful for any help.

Just a thought here....Will it record if you just leave the STB on, but the TV off, and use timer recording on the DVR? I have a Pioneer DVD recorder, and that works for me. I considered the Sony, but I've never had one.

Yes, I just tried it and it works fine leaving the stb on and using the timer function on the dvr. That's a good workaround - thanks stone man.

I just kindof liked the program planner function and was hoping that it would work as advertised - maybe they'll fix it soon.

This is a great forum - I'm learning a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)