Recordings dont have any sound

snickers104

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I am running a Soundblaster live card and when I record from xm online the file records but there is no sound when I try to playback the file. The file says there is something there and still no sound. All other MP3s I own playback just fine. Is there some setting that I am missing either on my soundcard config or timetrax config?? I tried using there help section but it doesnt really tell me anything.

Thanks,
Brian

It seems that you can only record using your microphone in connection is this the case with the trial version and is the registered version different??

You should be using the line in rather than microphone to record. Make sure that your device is plugged into the line in plug rather than the microphone. The trial version should work the same as the registered one.

I cant use the line in with xm online because there is no line in. The way I found I could make it work is to disable the gain control inside of timetrax. Then I could adjust the gain with the sound mixer for the soundcard.

Are you trying to run the software on a laptop or desktop? Many laptops do not have a line-in which won't really work satisfactorily.

If you are trying to run Recast Online, then you don't need to worry about connecting anything to your line-in or microphone. Are you trying to capture from XM Online or from a physical receiver?

David
Time Trax

Like I said in my original post I am capturing from XM online using a desktop.

You need to make sure the correct recording device is selected in Recording Control. Go to start->run and type sndvol32 -R. On my soundcard, I had to select Stereo Mix.

If you need to record audio from applications that play on your computer, you will want to select an option such as Mixed Output, Stereo Mix, What U Hear, Recording Mixer, or Wave - These are all names for the same channel ( The name of the 'all sound channel' varies depending on your soundcard )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts