Coolsat Recovering an old Coolsat 5000 Platinum- help needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
Hi all,
Hope all is well with everyone in this time of the pandemic. Posting in the forum after a very long time (close to a decade). I pulled out my old Coolsat 5000 Platinum receiver from storage and tried to boot it up to check. It doesn't boot anymore and I see only "Remote" LED in the front panel lighting up and "Stand By" LED too dimly lit.
Tried following things already:
  1. I checked the power supply and all voltages are correct. All capacitors looks to be good ( I know we can't say the capacitors condition by visual inspection). Since voltages are correct, I assume that power section is still good.
  2. Tried to install firmware V1.0.0 but it's not happening as receiver is not getting recognized. (Connect and turn on the message remains and doesn't proceed further). It had V1.0.5 (Which was available here, don't see it anymore)
  3. Tried the 3 fingers reset mentioned in the thread Ebay Coolsat 5k maybe not such a bargain
BTW, I am in India now and only one satellite (93.5 E) owned by government has DVB-S channels and I want to get that. Also, want to set up my SG2100 motor to play with it again.

Any help to recover the receiver is highly appreciated.

Welcome back Zero, long time no see! I have not used a Coolsat in 10-12 years. So don't remember much about them. Hopefully someone will come along that might can offer some advise. Just wanted to welcome you back.

Will ask this, so it is outputting absolutely nothing to the screen? Perhaps it is set for 60hz and you have a 50Hz TV. Are you using HDMI? Have you tried composite?

Reactions: Zero and FTA4PA
Welcome back Zero, long time no see! I have not used a Coolsat in 10-12 years. So don't remember much about them. Hopefully someone will come along that might can offer some advise. Just wanted to welcome you back.

Will ask this, so it is outputting absolutely nothing to the screen? Perhaps it is set for 60hz and you have a 50Hz TV. Are you using HDMI? Have you tried composite?
Thank you KE4EST.
My TV is compatible with 60Hz / NTSC. There is no HDMI in Coolsat 500. I tried with composite cables.
I too have a portable DVD system with 5" screen (NTSC) , in case TV is not compatible. Tried on that as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts