Recovery Kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
when I returned my R15 it had that weird 3 hole plug whereas the R22 I got is the stock 2 hole cord.

Often I'll use my digital camera and photograph serial numbers, tracking numbers, etc.
Suggest inputting the USPS tracking number on the return label at the usps site. If you get a reply the post office has been notified to expect.... or something similar you'll know it's in the system.
If you've even used the online post office services to print and pay for a shipping label that number becomes part of the tracking system immediately. Even before you take the package to the post office.
I never got the feeling DTV was out to pull something. In fact in my hast I forgot to include the remote in the return package and was not charged for it.

I got the envelope a piece of packing foam, label and the box. (said they sent tape, NOT) I will take it to the post office next week. Should take a digital picture of handing it over to the postal clerk, don't think the PO would like that though, may offend them. Or take a picture of when the throw it in the
bin, excellent handling you know.

I got the envelope a piece of packing foam, label and the box. (said they sent tape, NOT)
they usually send one piece of tape that I wouldnt use on an envelope, much less a box like that

Maybe it's better I didn't get it :) I have shipping tape here. Since the D 12 fires up and just has smeary video they will probably turn it around and send it back out to someone else :(

Instruction says that there should be an envelope to pack up the accessories. I didn't get one, so I just used an old manila envelope that I have. Called them up about it and was told didn't really matter. The prepaid label was for USPS and no tracking number.

Instruction says that there should be an envelope to pack up the accessories. I didn't get one, so I just used an old manila envelope that I have. Called them up about it and was told didn't really matter. The prepaid label was for USPS and no tracking number.
I guess your right about no tracking number. Even though the label I got had all kinds of numbers and bar codes, I don't believe any of them are an actual tracking numbers. I mailed this on Saturday and none of the numbers work as tracking numbers. If I had known this, I would have bought my own tracking number. They better not lose this and charge me for a piece of junk R15.

I need to send mine tomorrow. I think I'll call DirecTV and ask them about this now.

In the interest of science and peace of mind try inputting the tracking number into FEDEX's system. I found some info on another forum quoting in part: "Fedex does the tracking on receipt/delivery. The tracking number on the label is Fedex, and the tracking is the middle set of numbers under the barcode that has 3 sets of numbers under it."
Since I don't have an actual label can't comment if this makes sense.
I've found often Amazon will say an item is being shipped via USPS and the tracking number doesn't work but if I input into FEDEX it shows up. Apparently FEDEX handles the package from point A to B then hands it off to the post office. Once in the post office's custody the tracking number works. Apparently DTV uses the PO to pickup the recovery kit and it's turned over to FEDEX. Any case see if this works.

I called Direct just now and they said it there is a USPS tracking number on the label. I entered it in at USPS.com and they said it didn't exist WTF?

I took the pkg to the P/O today they gave me a receipt with a tracking # I will have to put it in the system later or tomorrow and see what it shows.

Ahh dude, Your Screwed. That receiver is long gone! Have fun paying for it!:D:D:D:D JK

The receiver was here when I checked so I think I found it :eek: I have a receipt now from the P/O that has a tracking and confirmation # on it. Thats all I need as proof that they excepted it and assumed responsibility. I also have the label scanned and digital pictures of the receiver being packed up. Thats more than the average Joe does. So if Direct don't get it they have to file a claim with the P/O for recovery costs. I also did not take it to my local screwup post office. I drove to the main hub that everything goes out of for the south suburbs here using $4.40 a gallon gasoline.:eek: These people at the hub were well versed in what needed to be done so I'm sure they have shipped these before. I actually hope they close my local P/O they're a bunch of slackers that don't want to work. Pretty sad when you need to wait 45 minutes in line to buy stamps. At the hub I was in and out in about a minute, well worth the drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)