Recovery Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I finally got the USPS parcel return service number that was on the prepaid label to work. I mailed it Sat., but the first activity it shows is " Tues 1:03 pm Picked up by shipping agent. I guess that means Fedex or somebody has it now,though none of the numbers I have work on their site yet.

These people at the hub were well versed in what needed to be done so I'm sure they have shipped these before.
I noticed that the last time I took a return back (the R15 that died)...my local PO knew exactly what to do and said "Oh we've done this before" :)

I noticed that the last time I took a return back (the R15 that died)...my local PO knew exactly what to do and said "Oh we've done this before" :)

This is a good thing. I've had problems with my local post office as far back as 1990. For a while in the 90's I took all important stuff out to the big hub. What happened yesterday was I walked in the local P/O and the line was out the door and one clown working slow as molasses in January. I said screw this got back in the car and drove to the hub, in and out 1-2-3. I'm actually glad I did that. I will probably check tracking Friday by then there should be activity.

I checked the status of the pkg. It said it is on it's way to it's destination, only had to enter in a billion numbers. Gotta love it!

I'm tracking mine too. I had to use one number from the label to track through USPS, and then had to enter a different number on the FedEx site to track progress after USPS gave it to FedEx. It is supposed to be in Memphis tomorrow. I have no idea what city it is supposed to end up in.

Fed Ex tells me in transit destination MEMPHIS, TN. What a screwed up system. Direct would be better off to tell you to smash the STB with a hammer if it's defective. I don't see why they want it or the access card back they are useless. I have 6 receivers here and 4 dishes not used here that were given to me over the years with cards from F to P5 and they are all boat anchors except for channel 100 and the guide. Direct won't authorize them. Someday I'll strip the jacks and whatever parts I can use for hobby projects. I just started tearing a Dish Network DVR apart yesterday for a project I'm working on. Has some cool blue LED's I'm want to use. May grab the UHF modulator from it and see if I can get it to fire up by itself.

Direct would be better off to tell you to smash the STB with a hammer if it's defective. I don't see why they want it or the access card back they are useless.
procedure. They want the receives in their possession, even if defective.

sounds dumb but cell phones are the same way if you swap it under warranty

I assume they want to verify the unit is legit not working.....remember there are folks who get receivers replaced when the existing one still works...just not how you want it too :)

But hey..could be worse. Dish charges you to ship the replacement ;)

The D-12 unit worked just had smeary video even the guide letters were smeared. In my professional electronic evaluation I would say a capacitor was bad in the video output amp. The thing is Direct's video is soft to start with. With this box it looked like the sharpness on my tv was turned all the way down. It was giving me a headache watching it that one day. There was also a flashing on the left side that looked like video tape dropouts every 15-20 seconds. That could have been an issue with the decryption itself. I wonder how that box was even put out there again as a referb. Looks like they turned it on it lit up and they gave it an pass.

So Dish charges shipping? Nice guy Charlie is... What a ...... :censored:

last I checked they did. They also charge you $15 shipping to ship THEIR boxes back when you cancel

I thought Dish was cheaper? thats what all the Charlie people boast about. Guess he gets you one way or another. So far Direct has handled this alright. I am a C band advocate you know but Direct gets a passing grade as long as they don't try to charge my account.

I thought Dish was cheaper? thats what all the Charlie people boast about.
on base price...maybe
but when they nickel and dime ya it gets crazy. Especially the extra receivers fee

So far Direct has handled this alright. I am a C band advocate you know but Direct gets a passing grade as long as they don't try to charge my account.

you shouldnt have any issues. :) Heck Directv sent a receiver to the wrong address once (to the "physical" not the billed) and it took about a month to get Fedex to shipped back to them. No issues and never billed

From FedEx's site.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 157
yep thats it. They'll process it on their end as "received" in a few days and thats it. Nothing more you need to do

I called DirecTV today to make sure that the receiver cleared with them since it don't show on my account. They said yes they received it so that wild ride is over. I also asked them about downgrading once my 1st year is up and they said do it on my anniversary date. Then they tried to sell me Starz and I told them I'll buy it on my big dish if I want it. H2H need's the money more than Direct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)