Recurring timer on 722

budhead151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Is there a way to set up a recurring timer to record on tv1 on a 722?
Every time a set it up it records on tv2.

Change record plus to tv1. Then set up your timer(if previously created, delete it and recreate it), after it is created, go back in and change back to tv2 on record plus

Not a problem. Hope that worked for you. The onlyl reason, I can see it not working, would be because the tuner was already set to be in use by a higher priority program.

Change record plus to tv1. Then set up your timer(if previously created, delete it and recreate it), after it is created, go back in and change back to tv2 on record plus
I don't think it works that way. If record plus is set to tv2, no matter when or how the timer is created, the timer will record on tv2 if no other timers are scheduled to record during that time.

It only affects timers set up after the change. Just like the DVr default timer. Only affects the timers set up after the change was made.

That's interesting, because I have done the ol' switcheroo of the record plus when I see in advance an upcoming timer that is going to fire on tv2 and if I switch it to tv1 then the timer will record on tv1. The upcoming immediate event may not switch, but subsequent events certainly will.

It only affects timers set up after the change. Just like the DVr default timer. Only affects the timers set up after the change was made.

That's what I just found out. I wanted to my receivers (722 & 722K) to record to TV1 while we were away so I wouldn't have a problem watching via Dish Anywhere. Changed the default to TV1 but all of the timers previously set remain on TV2. GGRRRR!

Ed

UPDATE! After doing a reboot my existing timers were in fact changed to TV1! YIPPEE!!!

Didn't end up working. The recurring timer was set to record on tv1,all old timers on tv2. I changed back to tv2 on record plus,
and when I checked this morning all timers were on tv2.

One of the tricks is to wait a few seconds after a recording has started and then go to the dvr funstion and start watching the recorded version.

One of the tricks is to wait a few seconds after a recording has started and then go to the dvr funstion and start watching the recorded version.

That won't work either because I'm still sleeping in the other bedroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)