What channels do you want in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

techguru408

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Know there is probably some older thread so please don't flame me I just wanted to see what the pulse is today. What channel(s) do you want in HD that are not currently carried in HD on DISH? For me I would like: DisneyXD

From my perspective, all the premium movie channels that are available in HD, should be in HD. We pay significantly more per channel for them so we should get significantly more HD from them.

In particular I'd like Showtime Extreme in HD since they do the undercard fights for the Championship Boxing show these days. Watching live sports in SD, even with Dish's better SD, isn't all that pleasant.

Well my opinion is every channel that provides an HD feed should be in HD to the customer. This holding out HD broadcasting by the channel providers(Disney as example) needs to stop. At that point any subscriber who has an issue with HD missing has one entity to contact,that being Dish. Then Dish would have to explain why they cannot transmit the HD feed that was provided to them.

I'd like to see Universal Sports in full screen HD. A while ago, a poster said he worked for US and that they did send the signal in HD. 402 is in the HD screen format ratio, but not full screen. I use the Zoom setting to expand the screen.

Know there is probably some older thread so please don't flame me I just wanted to see what the pulse is today. What channel(s) do you want in HD that are not currently carried in HD on DISH? For me I would like: DisneyXD

Agree on XD . . . . and it will happen soon.

Also PAC12 MAIN FEED IN HD. JUST LIKE THE BIG10 HAS!!!!!!!!!!

I can't really think of any that I watch that are not is SD now.

Maybe TV Land which is available in HD and VH1 Classic which is NOT available in HD... but the SD looks so bad on that channel.

I would go with Disney xd and tv land Now what apps would you like to see added...... :) Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is the only channel left in SD that I really would like in HD. Watching Hot in Cleavland is like watching through a vasoline filled screen.

Even the old shows like Andy Griffith look so much better in HD.

DirecTV has TVLand in HD and that's about the only channel that I have to use DirecTV for anymore.

I am happy with what they have now. I only subscribe to Dish America and Blockbuster Movie pack. So, there are many HD channels available now that I do not get or want. They could add more HD channels to the Dish America pack, like was promised when it was the Absolute Pack.

Do you have as fact any channel at anytime being provided to DISH that is in HD but that DISH is only providing in SD? DISNEY is not an example btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)