Red Satellite Light (front Panel), Anyone getting this?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Need your help with this one guy(s). Is anyone getting the following:

Have you heard of any reports with 568 (latest code), of the box displaying a red satellite light (front panel) after being left on overnight?

I never turn my STB off unless rebooting, and I have never had a problem.

Everything else works fine, and the signal qualty is fine. Right?
Yes, I saw this once. I believe pressing the power button twice, took care of it.

The only time I have seen this is when there is a loss of signal. Happens sometimes on OTA locals, or if I have disconnected from antenna. Then goes back to green when signal is re-established.

Thanks. Apparently there has been some boxes that are doing this. They are trying to correct the problem in test mode... Thanks.

I only saw it once. I turned on the STB in the morning and saw the red icon. I was really puzzled, because the signal strength/quality was normal and everything else worked fine...

I did notice this when I was trying to watch ABCFAM channel, just swithed to another channel, didnt realize this was a bug , I thought it was something to do with transmission

I had this problem only once and it was after the new software was downloaded the red sat stayed on. Turning the STB on and off and no affect.
Had to hold the power button in and that reset fixed my box.

Bill

Red Light

Videofx said:
I had this problem only once and it was after the new software was downloaded the red sat stayed on. Turning the STB on and off and no affect.
Had to hold the power button in and that reset fixed my box.

Bill

Same here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts