RED Sat. icon on front of the STB.....

Oscarnav

Original poster
May 12, 2004
Red Sat. icon on the front of the STB....?

What does this mean......? Even if i haven't got activated by voom how do i know i have a good LOS?

Red Sat Icon indicates that you are not receiving a satellite signal. Power off the box, wait a minute then power it back up.

Bill

you can also get this red light when the stb locks up... at different times, I've seen a frozen picture (channel won't change), no picture and frozen info bar at bottom of screen (channel won't change), channel changing but not showing channel you changed to (you change to cinema 108 and Halmark is on,etc.) and under these or other conditions you have to reboot to get it to work (you can press the button next to the red light for about 4 seconds to do this) also as mentioned above no satellite signal will cause this (no reboot needed).To check for signal strength,use your remote, press the help button, with Getting Started highlighted press the info button, with Epg: 1.9.6D highlighted press the ok button, now press the down button (twice) you should be there. It may not work if you haven't been activated... my guess is no activation is your problem...

Ya....it can be that no activation is my problem. Damn installer came thursday (2.5 hours late) stayed until 1:30 am and never had the right coordinates (Az. & El.). My scheduled appointment was for today, but he does not work Saturdays so he tried to fit me in Thursday at 6:30 pm and couldn't finish the job. This will be the second Voom system he will be putting up, and honestly he had no idea what Voom was. He kept pushing and i quote "This damn little RED reset button is not working properly" the one to change different modes of viewing... Im a little disapointed right now.....

Does anybody happen to know the correct Azmith and Elevation for Burley, Idaho 83318 or where i might find these numbers.

Also.....what dirrection should the winegard OTA antenna be pointing. I know it should be pointing to the Local channels antenna but does the wings of it point to it or the center mass (where the name is inscribed).?????

Oscarnav, I can't help with the satelite position, but the ota antenna should point as if were flying away from the tv towers... hope this is some help...

Oscar, you may be wasting your time...

My system didn't fire up until the installer spent 20 minutes on the phone getting "authorization" for my receivers. Plus don't forget the phone line to the receiver.

Problem was my initial installer was a moron......Had another installer come out and dial in the dish and now i'm VOOMING! Thanks for the replies.

I had a green signal before my installer called to activate. If you have a good signal it should be green.Everytime I power up receiver I have a red signal for a few seconds,then goes to green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)