Red Sox For Sale ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The current owners deny it. It sure will sella lot of papers though.

Word on the street is that Henry's business has taken a beating this year, and they're having trouble supporting both the Red Sox and the Liverpool soccer team. The recent Sox fire sale has helped somewhat...

The Red Sox sold out every game, at top dollar ticket prices, and ticket utilization remained high, meaning concession sales must have stayed up, but I would imagine that TV viewership dropped, and since they own their TV network they would be hurt more by a decline in TV advertising revenue than would a team that had contracted out its television distribution

I guess they throw in the big rats for free. :eek:

No.......Lucchino has the rats as part of the Fenway Park brick promotion. Buy a commemorative brick, get a rat for free (separate shipping and handling charges for the rat apply). :eek:

I wonder about this. I mean I guess anything is for sale. Again, not to sound like a Debbie Downer but why did they purchase or a part of the Liverpool team? I really dont understand that at all.

Bill and Hart, this question is for you because you guys are Red Sox fans. Are Larry Lucchino, John Henry etc. well liked in Boston? I mean they did win 2 World Series in 4 yrs. Or is it a more "what have you done for me lately" type deals?

Bill and Hart, this question is for you because you guys are Red Sox fans. Are Larry Lucchino, John Henry etc. well liked in Boston? I mean they did win 2 World Series in 4 yrs. Or is it a more "what have you done for me lately" type deals?

IMO, history will be kind to Theo and the Trio (Epstein, Henry, Werner and Lucchino) with how they turned the fortunes of this franchise around in such a short period of time. As bad as the last calendar year has been for the Red Sox (and it has been verryyyyyy baddddddddd), many forget how dysfunctional this franchise was in late 2001. in fact, in the last ten days to two weeks I've seen two different articles saying how this year's team doesn't hold a candle to the 2001 Dan Duquette/Jimy Williams/Joe Kerrigan/Carl Everett sh#*show.

That being said, it pisses me off to this day how Terry Francona was basically thrown under the bus for last year's collapse, and Theo Epstein got a golden parachute to Chicago. IMO, roster construction was the ultimate problem the last two years, and that's not on the field manager.

Very well put, Bill. How bad was it in 2001 with the Red Sox? Do you think the 2012 team is worse than that group?

AntAltMike said:
The Red Sox sold out every game, at top dollar ticket prices, and ticket utilization remained high, meaning concession sales must have stayed up, but I would imagine that TV viewership dropped, and since they own their TV network they would be hurt more by a decline in TV advertising revenue than would a team that had contracted out its television distribution

Please tell me you're not still believing that phony sell out streak are you?

Mets82 said:
I wonder about this. I mean I guess anything is for sale. Again, not to sound like a Debbie Downer but why did they purchase or a part of the Liverpool team? I really dont understand that at all.

They are not well liked at the moment, specifically Lucchino. It seems he cares more about Bullsh!t, ie bricks, sell out streak, ect. It is also well known that it was him that overruled the GM to bring in Valentine as the manager. When he does interviews he comes off as a real a-hole, and clueless about the fan base. They need to sell either the Red Sox or Liverpool, having both just isn't working for them. They also took a big PR hit for getting in to bed with Lebron James.

I would've never thought I see the day were the Jacobs were more well liked in the region than the Henry/Werner/Lucchino gang.

The Patriots are the #1 team in the region, the Red Sox better watch out, if the Bruin were to win another cup, they could regulate themselves to 3rd or 4th in the pecking order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)