Red Wings first playoff game not in HD on RSN

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I am aware that the Wings game is carried nationally on NBC Sportsnet tonight. However those of us who want to watch it the most in Michigan will get it in SD on FSN Detroit. The Tigers game which is scheduled to end a half hour before the Wings start is in HD on the same channel. Dish has been very good about HD sports in Detroit for the last couple years but I'm not too impressed with the playoff opener in SD.

Edit: Turns out I was wrong. Dish is showing the game on the HD ALT 412-38 on my hopper. I normally know enough to check the ALT channels but it threw me off tonight because the game is listed on the main channel tonight not FSD+. Dish usually only uses the HD ALT channels for us if a game is on Fox Sports Detroit+.

Dish is showing the Tigers in HD and SD on the main FSD channel tonight at 7:00. They have the Wings in SD on the main FSD channel at 10:30 and HD is on the Alternate channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I take it you will have the pleasure of listing to the play-by-play from the FSD team of Redmond, Murphy and Daniels? Well, it sure beats the late-night scrubs who will calling the game for NBCSN. Regardless, getting ready for the game. Go Wings!

Directv has the game listed on FSN + HD likely dish's limited RSN HD room.

Directv also has NBC SN ALT HD

Weird. The game must be on both Fox Sports Detroit and FSD+ because it is listed on the main channel and it was advertised that way all day. Just weird that Dish chose the + feed for HD.

I take it you will have the pleasure of listing to the play-by-play from the FSD team of Redmond, Murphy and Daniels? Well, it sure beats the late-night scrubs who will calling the game for NBCSN. Regardless, getting ready for the game. Go Wings!

Yep the NBCSN feed is blacked out here.

Now that Dish has access to NBCSports Live Extra, would the game have been available, or would a blackout still occur online?

Murphy is no longer with FSN Detroit. He was let a few weeks ago.
I have never heard why.

Don't want to start a new thread on this, but looks like for now someone forgot to flip the switch for the HD feed for tonight's wing game. As of now it's on the channel guide but no HD feed

Update-took a couple of minutes, on now

Our ROOT PIT HD almost always comes on at 6:30, so we get the pregame in HD as well. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts