Reds in Tennessee (not a thread about secret camps where communists are being traine)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TATSR

Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
tennessee
Hello all,
Last night I switched from the 200 package to the 120+. I kept the 120+ because I wanted to keep watching Cincinnati Reds games. I live in the Nashville, TN market and don't get Fox Sports Ohio all day long. I just get (most) Reds games on alternate sports channels (around 444). I don't get any of the other sports alternate channels/games, but I could see them on the channel guide. Now, I can't see any of the alternate channels on the guide, and obviously don't get the Reds games. From the "program comparison guide", I thought I would keep the same Fox Sports programming with the 120+ package. The Dish Network "customer service" person I chatted with had no idea why I was getting Reds games to start with and kept telling me over and over that I was only in the viewing area for Fox Sports South (420). I wasn't paying extra for the multi-sport package.

Any ideas as to why I was getting Reds games with 200, but I don't get them now?
Thanks,
TATSR:confused:

The Reds are now considered one of our home teams here, but you have to have the Multi-Sports pack to see the games. They need to turn on FOX Cincinnati for us.

Thanks for the help. But I wasn't paying extra for the multi-sports pack with the 200 package and was seeing the Reds games (but no others). Yesterday when I changed to 120+, my sports alternate channels disappeared.

TATSR

Thanks for the help. But I wasn't paying extra for the multi-sports pack with the 200 package and was seeing the Reds games (but no others). Yesterday when I changed to 120+, my sports alternate channels disappeared.

TATSR

It may be that a mistake happened way back that gave you FSOH or that the area at one time was in FSOH territory. Just guesses. You're either in a sports territory or not by address.

Thanks

It may be that a mistake happened way back that gave you FSOH or that the area at one time was in FSOH territory. Just guesses. You're either in a sports territory or not by address.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't getting FSOH all the time, only the Reds games. I think there's something unique about the Reds in the Nashville market, but I can't find anyone (at Dish) who knows anything about this.

TATSR

Do you have AT120+? Can you see Alt Sports Channels in 440s?

Do these channels show up in your guide? Just trying to narrow down my issue. Thanks for any help.

TATSR

it sounds like somehow the alternate channels got dropped off in error

I checked the Directv site (dish doesnt really have this option) but it says you get FSN South and Sports South with basic package. You would get the Reds but you need the sports pack. I used Nashville proper

Dish site says just the 2 RSN's I posted above. I know Cincy & St Louis have some agreement to carry games in Tennessee but they are on the alt channels

Try technical support with Dish or maybe email ceo at dishnetwork dot com. They should be able to help

it sounds like somehow the alternate channels got dropped off in error

I checked the Directv site (dish doesnt really have this option) but it says you get FSN South and Sports South with basic package. You would get the Reds but you need the sports pack. I used Nashville proper

Dish site says just the 2 RSN's I posted above. I know Cincy & St Louis have some agreement to carry games in Tennessee but they are on the alt channels

Try technical support with Dish or maybe email ceo at dishnetwork dot com. They should be able to help

The "some agreement" is what no one at "customer service" knows about.

The problem is that the "customer service" people are following scripts based on available networks. There is apparently some agreement involving FSSouth, FSOhio, and FSTennessee that is not part of the script.

1. Technical support says I was receiving the Reds games in error when I had AT200 and the error was fixed when I dropped to 120+. The exact quote was: "What is FSTennessee? I've never even heard of that network. We don't carry that. You must have been receiving it by mistake."

2. The people at Fox Sports South say: "We have confirmed that you are supposed to be receiving the Reds games with AT120+."

3. Desparate email to ceo at dishnetwork.com on June 28 ignored so far.

Now what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)