Redskins' Sean Taylor Dies...

Here are 2 articles.

One from an actual journalist the other from a player rump-swabbing politically correct hack.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all

Media has failed with Taylor coverage - 11/29/2007 - MiamiHerald.com

Both very good articles. I particularly liked this from Dan LeBetard:

And we've done some failing on this Taylor story. What happened to him and his family is cruel and unfair. That's it. It isn't endemic of a people or a region or a school. It is just unspeakably cruel and unspeakably unfair. I don't know how anyone could lack so much compassion that they would somehow blame a city or school or culture to this awfulness, as if a city or school or culture could possibly deserve something that brings this kind of sobbing and wailing.

And yet that's what Time Magazine and MSNBC and FOX and CNN and ESPN have wanted to discuss in recent days because the machine must stay fed, and it matters less and less what kind of garbage we throw into its insatiable maw and try to pass off as nutrition. Why does this keep happening in Miami -- the city and the university? What's going on down there? As if Taylor somehow brought this grief upon himself, as if South Florida brought it upon itself. The late Darrent Williams, killed in a drive-by at 24, isn't representative of Oklahoma State's thug culture. But Taylor, killed in his home at 24, is representative of the University of Miami's? I can't imagine how terrible it must be for Taylor's broken family to watch the television and see their late son/brother/boyfriend turned into a talk topic and one-dimensional stick figure because we, the media, didn't and couldn't have a complete picture of their beloved and didn't have the time to wait for one to develop. We didn't have very much information immediately after Taylor's death, but we had too much time to fill without new information, so too much of Taylor's televised eulogy became noise and speculation and gossip-cloaked-in-journalism about his troubled past.

A DUI and a gun-waving incident aren't irrelevant, but they weren't all Taylor was, either. Brett Favre, rest assured, won't be eulogized with excessive emphasis on his pain-killer addiction, especially not if he were to die this horrifically. How do you think your grieving family would like to see you defined on television by your one or two worst public moments?

The late Darrent Williams, killed in a drive-by at 24, isn't representative of Oklahoma State's thug culture.

Darrent Williams was killed in Denver a long way away from Stillwater, Ok. Also what else has gone on a OSU?

Brett Favre, rest assured, won't be eulogized with excessive emphasis on his pain-killer addiction, especially not if he were to die this horrifically. How do you think your grieving family would like to see you defined on television by your one or two worst public moments?

BS, Lebatard if Favre were to die in a DUI accident related to pain-killers, it certainly would be the first thing mentioned.

Darrent Williams was killed in Denver a long way away from Stillwater, Ok. Also what else has gone on a OSU?

BS, Lebatard if Favre were to die in a DUI accident related to pain-killers, it certainly would be the first thing mentioned.

IF Favre where to die that way, it would be a quick blurb....we all know that...:rolleyes:

Things that make you go hmmm.....

And, I'm sorry, but there's a difference between what you said in this last post (bad choices can come back to haunt you) and the statement I quoted from your earlier post. "He had it coming to him" is a phrase used in most conversations to insinuate that the person deserved what they got.

Hey.... I am sorry for personally insulting you. That is uncalled for, and something I do not like to do. Some times you get in the heat of the moment. Please forgive me.

Anyway... we all put too much passion into these posts as if we are going to change another's mind. I think some people get off on trying to push their point or opinion across to others by trying to show how much more intelligent they are then some one else, and it always ends up leading to showing how actually unintelligent they are. I know I am guilty of that. That is why I stopped hanging out in "The Pit".

Not only that, but to keep going on subjects like these or in The Pit is really a waste of time. If you want it to be a stimulating and educational conversation first and foremost be open to what others say, but also do it in person. To it in a forum environment keeps a conversation open for weeks when it person it would only take a half an hour.

Hey.... I am sorry for personally insulting you. That is uncalled for, and something I do not like to do. Some times you get in the heat of the moment. Please forgive me.

Anyway... we all put too much passion into these posts as if we are going to change another's mind. I think some people get off on trying to push their point or opinion across to others by trying to show how much more intelligent they are then some one else, and it always ends up leading to showing how actually unintelligent they are. I know I am guilty of that. That is why I stopped hanging out in "The Pit".

Not only that, but to keep going on subjects like these or in The Pit is really a waste of time. If you want it to be a stimulating and educational conversation first and foremost be open to what others say, but also do it in person. To it in a forum environment keeps a conversation open for weeks when it person it would only take a half an hour.

No hard feelings... I'm just as guilty at times (including this time). I completely agree that this thread has gone on way too long.... and I'm sorry for calling you out on a post discussing missionary work - it sounds like they're doing great things down there.

Now, enough with the sappy stuff and with this topic, and on to better ones!

Here are 2 articles.

One from an actual journalist the other from a player rump-swabbing politically correct hack.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all

Media has failed with Taylor coverage - 11/29/2007 - MiamiHerald.com
Excellent article by Jason Whitlock. He could have waited until after Mr. Taylor was laid to rest (a little tactless) before going on the attack, however this guy hit it out of the park. As far as the Le Batard article...um, the only thing I came away with is Mr. Le Batard admitted to being an embarrassing journalist - I concur!

Excellent article by Jason Whitlock. He could have waited until after Mr. Taylor was laid to rest (a little tactless) before going on the attack, however this guy hit it out of the park. As far as the Le Batard article...um, the only thing I came away with is Mr. Le Batard admitted to being an embarrassing journalist - I concur!

Here is the difference, though I do agree with alot of what Whitlock said....he puts EVERYTHING into the same cookie cutter....you, me and everyone else know not all black men, white men latino men and whatever kind of men are built alike.....but he has decided to lump all black men the same...and there is where HIS mistake is made.

Here is the difference, though I do agree with alot of what Whitlock said....he puts EVERYTHING into the same cookie cutter....you, me and everyone else know not all black men, white men latino men and whatever kind of men are built alike.....but he has decided to lump all black men the same...and there is where HIS mistake is made.
Just like some of our friends on this forum!

Thanks for the baseless insult, but you put the words in your own mouth, unless you want to give me another explanation for this statement:
"had it coming to him" in that post means that it was inevitable sooner or later and I agree. His past, his demeanor, his location, his poor decision making, waiving guns around, his friendships with thugs, My god the Yukon incident looked like a driveby shooting, spitting in players faces, drunk driving charge in 2004, attending thug school (Miami)..... This guy was gonna get it sooner or later. Its sad but he had it coming to him sooner or later. Honestly is anyone really shocked over this? I'm not. Its tragic, but it doesnt surprise me and I don't see anything racist in that thinking. Ones behavior, friends, environment all factor in placing someone in bad or good circumstances. It seems that all of those influences were negative in Taylor's case. The odds got him.

Last edited:
No hard feelings... I'm just as guilty at times (including this time). I completely agree that this thread has gone on way too long.... and I'm sorry for calling you out on a post discussing missionary work - it sounds like they're doing great things down there.

Now, enough with the sappy stuff and with this topic, and on to better ones!
You guys should get a room

"had it coming to him" in that post means that it was inevitable sooner or later and I agree. His past, his demeanor, his location, his poor decision making, waiving guns around, his friendships with thugs, My god the Yukon incident looked like a driveby shooting, spitting in players faces, drunk driving charge in 2004, attending thug school (Miami)..... This guy was gonna get it sooner or later. Its sad but he had it coming to him sooner or later. Honestly is anyone really shocked over this? I'm not. Its tragic, but it doesnt surprise me and I don't see anything racist in that thinking. Ones behavior, friends, environment all factor in placing someone in bad or good circumstances. It seems that all of those influences were negative in Taylor's case. The odds got him.

LMAO!!:haha:haha:haha Comments like that just proves what everyone knows about you....:up:rolleyes:

Ok, enough with the bickering and saying he "Had it coming". Sorry but nobody deserves to be shot in their own home while thier wife/girlfriend and kid/kids are in the house.

At thsi point let's just assume that the 'had it coming to him" talk was just the result of a poor choice in words and move on. no one deserves to die that way and I i have to think that no human being would think that they do. I think that most of us realize the differenr ce betwen seeing that something is the liekly consequence of ertain actions and thinking that it is deserved.

MIAMI (AP) -- Police have detained at least three people in the Fort Myers area for questioning in the death of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.

A law enforcement official in Lee County confirmed the men from the Fort Myers area were in custody, but requested anonymity because the investigation is being handled by Miami-Dade County police.

Miami-Dade police Detective Carlos Maura said he was not aware of anyone in custody. He said only that detectives were in the Fort Myers area for a case, but declined to say which one.

The Miami Herald, which first reported the development on its Web site, said investigators believe three suspects learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about his wealth. The suspects include two teenagers and a man in his 20s, all from the Fort Myers area, the paper reported.

A telephone message left at the Florida City Police Department for the athlete's father, Chief Pedro Taylor, was not immediately returned.

Richard Sharpstein, a former Taylor lawyer and family friend, confirmed the law enforcement report.

"It's my understanding that three individuals are in custody. A house is being searched," Sharpstein said, without disclosing who had given him the information.

He repeated previous statements that the burglary did not appear to be random, and that the 24-year-old's house had been targeted.

Evidence at Taylor's home indicated one or more intruders barged into the house early Monday in an attempted burglary, Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said Wednesday.

Taylor and longtime girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, were awakened by loud noises at Taylor's home in an affluent Miami suburb, Sharpstein has said. Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection, Sharpstein said, then someone broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor in the upper leg. Neither the couple's 18-month-old daughter, also named Jackie, nor Garcia were injured in the attack.

The bullet damaged the femoral artery in Taylor's leg, causing significant blood loss. Taylor never regained consciousness and died a little more than 24 hours later.

A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami, and the entire Redskins organization plans to fly to Florida to attend Monday's funeral at Pharmed Arena at Florida International University.

---

Associated Press Writer Brian Skoloff in West Palm Beach contributed to this report.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

For ALL those KNOW-IT-ALLS that made the STUPID-A$$ ASS-UMPTION that HIS PAST came back to haunt him..... NO, it was was not a RAMDOM break-in, it was a PLANNED break-in by SOMEONE that Taylor DID NOT know. Miami-Dade AND Ft. Myers police HAVE CONFESSIONS according to local new conference FROM MIAMI-DADE police.

Apparently these men had overheard the wealth that Sean Taylor had from someone that apparently cut Taylor's grass. These men went the to rob the house and DIDN'T expect anyone to be home.

Miami-Dade police plan arrests in Taylor homicide - 11/30/2007 - MiamiHerald.com

So where are ALL the CSI wanna-be's now?:mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)